Physic Model Options.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neil Bateman, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone explain or confirm that if your using Get Real and you set your AI difficulty, both damage options, fuel use and tyre wear options to what you want, but you then decide to change to Amateur physics model and it greys out some of the options, does that just mean you then cannot adjust them or does it mean it turns all the greyed out options off.

2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Far as I know, it means they're off.
    But I've only ever used Get Real, so it's entirely possible that I'm wrong.

3. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I also try to use Get Real, but there are some cars I just struggle with so drop down to amateur to help me out.
    If all those things are only available if you use get real then its a bit of a kick in the teeth to those who are not able to drive on get real all of the time or indeed none of the time, why would having to use amateur physics deny you the option of realistic damage, fuel use and tyre wear?

4. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK the physics don't change. The difference is ABS and TC is always on. And that's what makes cars easier to drive Which in my opinion makes it harder to switch to get real.
    They've also cut out the strategy element. So there are fixed setups, no fuel use and tyres are always in optimal condition.

My advice, don't use amateur.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Amateur mode is really not meant for any serious racing gamer, and I say racing gamer purposely, cause obviously it isn't anything all the pro sim racers would ever touch with a 20 foot pole. ;)
    But even for experienced gamers it doesn't really bear the challenge most of them might be looking for.

Those modes (amateur and novice) are really for a whole different audience, namely (smaller) children and gaming rookies, people who have a hard time coordinating everything that's going on at once, and mostly don't even know the track (layout) they are driving on. At least that's how I view those modes, not saying that that's the official intention.

That being said, I for one enjoy the occasional amateur race, it can be really relaxing. But I wouldn't recommend getting used to it if you plan on using Get Real.

The reason(s) for blocking damage/wear are manifold, but one reason certainly is that the setups are locked, which means you couldn't adjust the amount of fuel, etc. etc. The idea behind locking the setup is that which many people seem to have when they ask for a server option to lock setups in Get Real mode, to create as even conditions as possible. Obviously that early design idea didn't quite play out as it might have, had they implemented it differently.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    My point is for those of us who are not "serious racers" are being denied all of the things mentioned here just because they need a little help controlling the car, which is what this is about, controlling the car, nothing else, nothing at all to do with the other options available when setting up your races, so why should those drivers be denied having tyre wear or fuel use on or realistic damage on or have some set up options.
    I think in all other racing games I have played or still play you can use all the available options the games have, and the ability to use things like stability control should you need to without losing a boat load of race options.
    This game is supposed to cater for all levels of drivers but for some reason if you cant always use get real for every car on every track then half the games race options are taken away from you.
    Why should a driver of less ability not have the same choices setting up his/her race weekends or championships as everyone else regardless of the physics option they choose.
    I have raced in leagues in the past but I have gotten older, race very little and am not as good as I was in the past, I struggle with some cars and if I do struggle I use amateur for that car but would still like to set my races up the same as I do when using get real.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. kL1ck

kL1ck Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    i would like to see this too.
    amateur mode needs atleast tyre wear and damage as an option .

so it would make sense to drive amateur races with pit stops
    and with damage on , few people wont be so aggresiv and overtake with any risk . atleast aero and or engine damage

i have no problem with get real , but for me who driving in an amateur league it would be very nice to see if we have a lil bit realism
    and the thing i like in amateur is that everyone have the same setup for the car so it makes it equal for everyone , depends on car but the difference is not that huge while drive in get real and people are mostly 1-2-3 seconds faster .

8. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    We have a very early alternate version for how this will work (meaning it might die and get scrapped). But if we can get it to work properly then I don't see any reason to not allow fuel, tire wear etc. Just to be super clear though, this isn't a promise of anything. :p

• Like Like x 2
  9. kL1ck

kL1ck Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    fingers crossed !! :)