Physics of the Maclaren Mp4 - 12c

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frodesa, Jul 23, 2015.

1. frodesa

frodesa New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    When I drive the Maclaren Mp4-12c in R3E I dont feel in control of the car compared to the other GT3 cars. It doesnt feel as responsive, like it doesnt do what I want it to do. Now in other games like Assetto Corsa and Project cars the Maclaren is just like any other Gt3 car. So why is the R3E one so different? Is this realistic and can someone try to explain why they think I feel this way? To me it seems strange. I should say I have primarily used the ADAC -14 car and use a 360 controller.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I haven't experienced anything weird with it.

3. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    This probably is because of the midengine-layout.. :) I also feel it in GTR3-class that the McLaren has a unique feeling.. Try changing your setup, that should help..

Dont know bout Pcars but in AC you certainly feel the McLaren has quite specific charachteristics..

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    True, took it for a Funchamp and while first I was excited about it, against real good drivers I got issues holding my pace - guess it also depends if it fits your driving style or not - took the Z4 at open Fra GTR3 Team race @Spielberg (raced it with McLaren a few days before) and was way better with it - much better response and overall behaviour in comparison and came to a good setup in a satisfying "organic" way - despite the McLaren where I literally worked my a** off to set it up with almost no gain - whatever I tried setup-wise...things like that can make you heavily doubt your skills lol...

5. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Gotta say that for me the MP4 has a fantastic appeal in AC (and I drove only that car back in the days) while is underwhelming here... The whole car seems too sluggish to react and it seems that I'm not in control. I noticed that VERY pronounced in the gt3 class (not yet updated tho) but slightly less in the ADAC series. I wish it had another feeling as that was my favorite car to drive... :(

6. Jona777

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I had same issues initially, but i made a setup for it for and that turned it into a very cool and special car to drive.. I'll share it here today!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! :)

8. frodesa

frodesa New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Please do, I wil try it and see if it helps.

9. frodesa

frodesa New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE="Jona777, post: 24875,

Dont know bout Pcars but in AC you certainly feel the McLaren has quite specific charachteristics..[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but the AC one still feels like a proper gt3 car like the overs. In R3E it doesnt, at least with the default setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jona777

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    GTR3 Mclaren Hungaroring 1.49.4+.jpg GTR3 Mclaren Hungaroring 1.49.4.jpg
    This is my setup for Hungaroring where i manage about the same pace as with my other GTR3 cars being the Beamer Z4 and the Alpina B6.. being 1min49 low..

If you don't like the 400 degrees just set it to default and raise lock to your liking.. The sharpest corner should make you turn 360degrees = half a turn..

Hope this helps.. and i think i'll soon make a setup overview for everyone where i share my setups.. You guys can learn from it then :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Slightly off topic but in your setup screen I notice the settings are in metric whereas mine are in imperial :confused: Where in options can I change this please?

12. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    When you go to HUD-settings you can chose to have your speed shown either in mph or km/h. This also changes the units in the setup screen.

• Like Like x 1
  13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

I like it.

:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Ah thanks for that. Only problem is I'm a mph metric kind of person :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @Jona777
    Ok, I see (setup) thats quiet a difference compared to Front Engine cars (anti-roll bars and dampers alone) - thx never dived into midengine specifics that deep...would actually appreciate if @Sector3 would implement some more basic setups that rudimentarily show the right way at least - especially for those who are not experienced or don't have the time and/or patience to become a racing engineer/technician ;) I have a lot passion for it btw. but only for those cars/series I really like...

• Like Like x 1
  16. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Most of the setups are practically the same even between classes.. Let alone the difference in weight distribution between cars in the same class.

This info would be useful.

17. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    It's probably worth mentioning that there is an update coming to all the GT class cars physics, "soon™", which have been created with feedback from real world ADAC GT Masters 2014 Champion, Kelvin van der Linde.

Expect things to change.

18. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Stupid question about the anti roll bars the settings on that picture? I can`t set that to the ADAC 2014 Mp4 - 12c right?;)
    As mine front tops out at 110?

19. Jona777

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    U R probably right.. Since they are cars from different years.. Adac14 whereas i believe gtr3 is about 2009 to 2011 specs.. At least thats how i look at it..

@Fairman its all about trial and error in the beginning.. After a while you can see a red line in what you have to adjust :D