[Physics Update] Group 5 - 20/05/2020

Discussion in 'Car Information and physics updates' started by Alex Hodgkinson, May 21, 2020.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Have you adjusted your setup to make that tyre heat more or are you just expecting it to?

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Looking into it but as the car is now more driveable, doing stuff to stiffen the rear may make general grip worse. I also need to test again on an anticlockwise track and to see if the car´s characteristic of pulling to the right is anything to do with it.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's possible. I'm no expert in the intricacies of physics so I couldn't say one way or the other. You should be able to help that tyre gain temperature by lowering the rear right pressure.

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    If lower temp on the affected tyre then the middle goes even colder but the inner and outer parts don´t heat up either and the car also becomes harder to control. If I raise temp then the middle does indeed go up to about 85c but then the outside and inside still stay way too cool.
    Interestingly it seems less of an issue at Salzburgring, which is a bit mental seeing as it is basically two straight lines with a couple of chicanes and a couple of high speed right handers - go figure....

The main thing is the car is easier to manage so a cold tyre as trade off is no disaster.