[Physics Update] Tyres, force feedback, AI and general developments - 10/12/2019

Discussion in 'Car Information and physics updates' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    From my experience during testing they gained a lot of awareness and avoid contacts better. Slow-mid-fast corner speeds have been brought closer together, so they don't fail miserably in slow turns and make up for that in fast ones anymore. Still some issues with this, not saying it's perfect in its current state, but it's much better than it used to be.
    For me the most notable improvement apart from the above is the rectified braking. AI doesn't outbrake the user anymore, to me it felt very natural now, like my own braking power is on par with theirs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    and even at different times of the day, the grip on the track is no different?

3. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I remember having to edit the jolt magnitude settings via an ini file to keep them from breaking my wrists :eek:

Will that setting be reset by this update?

Don't want any nasty surprises :)

4. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0

Did you use use the New default controller profile for your wheel ? Can help maybe

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    How about setting to 6pm and accelerating time, does it just jump back to morning, lol

6. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Is there a rough scheduler for the release of car-physics/BoP-changelog, especially for GT3 cars? :)
    My F5 key feels raped o_O:rolleyes:

7. Brian Gildea

Brian Gildea Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It's fantastic, had a blast last night :)

8. ave_golf

ave_golf Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I think at this time there is not Dynamic track,
    The grip is Always the same, in lap 1 at 9:00 and lap 100 at 12:00

But

9. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    There is not really a point to releasing a BoP-changelog for the reworked classes, as they are essentially built from the ground up, so there is no relation to any of the previous BoP.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I tried without it but at least on some cars I'll don't have any understeer feedback then. It's just numb. I believe that having to use Minimum feedback force around 15-20% because of G25 hilights the vibration problem. So far the best I could find was lower the Slip effect and add some FFB filtering. The latter of course means that I lose some other details too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Are the GT3 slower than before the update? At Nürburgring VLN is my best laptime 8.15 now with the new Porsche GT3 R, with old physics and old Porsche I had 8.06 laptimes. New and old feel now a bit unstable under braking oder driving fast corners. Is that all setup work that I have to do or the new physics that the car feel more real?

12. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    hello guys sorry for the random request, can you steer me in the right direction as i need a decent configuration for TS-PC FFB.

13. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    our previous GT3s had a bit too much downforce and not enough power, this is now corrected and they are indeed a bit slower on most tracks. The difference under braking is most likely the optimised ABS you are noticing, as before it would prevent you from getting anywhere close to the braking limit. Now the ABS really keeps it on the limit of grip, which makes the cars very agile and brake bias much more crucial

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, now I know what it is. The car feels great on Nordschleife, just some corners felt not so good as before the update. Now I know the reason and can handle with :).

• Like Like x 1
  15. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Well I deleted my old RCS, restarted the game, it detects all my stuff, offers me 3 profiles: Accuforce, DD1, DD2 but each with a red line specifying that the DD1 is missing ... Impossible to assign my keys by selecting them ...

A removal and reinstallation of the game does not change anything ...

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Great update, only a couple of observations I found with AI and Road America, each scenario was a 15p / 15q / 60r completed in full. Damage Full

Scenario 1
    Porsche GT3 Cup 33 cars
    AI Difficulty 105
    Observation: Prior to update AI would crash just after kink repeating several times throughout race. Turn 13 AI would slow down mid turn. After update, first lap crash after kink continued with occasional mishaps throughout race, turn 13 vastly improved.

Scenario 2
    GTR3 64 cars
    Car Used Porsche 911(2019)
    AI Difficulty 105
    Observation: Prior to update Turn 13 AI would slow down mid turn. Post update turn 13 vastly improved. Carousel AI unable to maintain speed and are easily over taken and have a unusual acceleration rate at exit leading into the kink that any distance gained over AI in carousel is lost heading into kink.

Scenario 3
    Group C, GTO Classics, Carrera Cup Classics 64 cars
    Car used GTO Classics
    AI Difficulty Adaptive
    Observation: Prior and Post update Group C and GTO Classics struggle to get past the Carrera Cup cars at all points around track.

Thanks for the great work, much appreciated. Keep it going.:D

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    in class wtcc13. on BMW, the wheels burst after 2-3 turns. Check it out !!! other cars have no such problem.
    - the server doesn’t have the damage settings limited, the damage is the same as for full

18. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    ;)

Joke aside. Thank you very much guys for all these great new improvements! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I had an incident that resulted in suspension damage, my initial thought was to go in the pits and get it fixed. I then thought lets see what happens. After several laps the vibration became greater and then a failure which resulted in limited braking and eventual crash. It was a dynamic experience which I could anticipate the ultimate result. Absolutely fantastic!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Wow.. I don't think this kind of physics is implemented in any simulator?