[Physics Update] Tyres, force feedback, AI and general developments - 10/12/2019

Discussion in 'Car Information and physics updates' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Dec 10, 2019.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    AMS got this kind of simulation for example.^^
    I've done a 1h 30min. race on Velo Citta with the Metal Moro AJR, cronched my front right on a backmarker car and got through 1h 27min. with a damaged front...then BOOM and the right front brake bursted away 3 minutes before the checkered flag, car uncontrollable under braking.

(i forgot about the damage and was baffled, why the brake was gone away that early with an endurance car, able to push for quite some time...then i realized, this was a sneaky beaky feature).

• Like Like x 1
  2. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I got suspension damage in 1 hour Zolder race. I am not risk failure, so I fix it in manadatory pitstop. I noticed damage with repetitive wheels lock up too. This dynamic factor is beatiful for racing diversity. And if they add dynamic weather, this sim will be unbeatable :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Steering Angle: Clarification
    SR = Steering Angle / (2x Steering Lock)
    So, in this example: SA=20 450 / (2x 20) = 11.25
    And if you lower the SA value to 8 for example: SR= 450 / (2x 8) = 28
    Essentially, a higher SA value equals more sensitive, and lower value equals less sensitive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    What kind of info is being displayed in the tyre info section? Are these values averaged over a whole lap or is it a snapshot of the tyre at that moment when you pressed "Return to Garage"?

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Yup, this option is not a "ratio" setting, so i think, this is, why the information text is confusing the outcome. Alex H. already recognized the information, that this is working the opposite way right now, if i'm interpreting the "useful" rating right. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    He already edited the text indeed :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    It's the latter, a snapshot of when you returned to the garage.

• Useful Useful x 2
  8. sigi1949

sigi1949 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Does the AI suffer from the new damage model in the same way as the player (and what steps does it take to deal with it if so?)

10. #TC f1mate

#TC f1mate Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This damage update is a huge step forward, but I still believe it could be way less forgiving. It's only if you have a moderate crash with a wall you get a bit of suspension damage. It doesn't really stop people from divebombing and punting.

11. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    It depends on the car i would say. I went out in the last corner of Imola with the DTM92 Merc, just hitting the gravels was enough to damage my suspensions by 1/3.

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Anyone been able to loose a mirror? I was wall riding in the DTM Merc trying to get it off but sadly it stayed while the bonnet was all bent as was steering but mirror was fine :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. #TC f1mate

#TC f1mate Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I litterally went an entire lap on grass/gravel then made donuts for 2 minutes straight and felt nothing, not even vibrations (with a GT3)

14. Gumvald Larsson

Gumvald Larsson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have lost the very nice vibration in the steering wheel from the engine. Can't get it back. I have engine vibration set to 100% in the FFB menu. Advice appreciated.

15. jamuddin

jamuddin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The new ffb is rubbish can't feel roads or curbs plus no controller profile for simucube osw user what a joke this game is

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Had a similar instance in both of the races below during the qualifying session where an AI car spun and then stalled and remained in track for three laps, until which time I gave it a not so loving nudge and then it was cleared, and by the way damage works great.;)

Each race was Adaptive AI, 15p / 15q / 60r completed in full with Damage Full

Scenario 1
    Mid Ohio between turns 7 and 8
    GTR4 max cars allowed
    Car Used BMW M4

Scenario 2
    Zolder final turn Jacky Ickxbocht
    911 GT2 RS Clubsport / Porsche GT3 Cup max cars allowed
    Car Used 911 GT2 RS Clubsport

17. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I didn't try GT3's yet, can you try with DTM92 to see if it's car related ? Which GT3 did you drive ? so I can test myself tonight.

18. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    This effect is related to the steering rack setting. It already was before the update but because the default value for steering rack as been lowered (in my case from 100% to 30% on T300 default profile) with the ffb update, you won't feel it.
    You could try raising the steering rack setting but Devs have advised not going beyond 50%.

19. *****

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I think the FFB is absolutely fantastic now (with my DD1) - and I didn't change anything on the new standard profile with one exeption: I turned off the curb effect. It works simply perfect. For the first time it feels like moving rubber tires over the asphalt, much more natural. A little bit more dampened and not as if your front axle is directly connected to the asphalt. I love it! Even better than in Assetto Corsa now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. Matthi

Matthi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi @all,
    i think there is a bug at the Setting of the steering angle. I can adjust the angle from 482 degrees to 320 degrees, than Save the Setup...in i return to setup there are 482 degrees again?!

Greets

• Love it! Love it! x 1