Resolved "Ping 0" issue in multiplayer, invisible cars

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Slythe

Slythe Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    reverting o/c is not an option for me!

2. L-Torch

L-Torch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Could you try some different clock values? It could be caused by only some values. Few guys in my league have overclocked PCs and they do not have this issue.

3. Winter

Winter Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I just had this problem and apparently I pushed the 2 leading cars off the track, in the last corner of the final lap:fearscream:, even though they were 2 car-lengths in front of me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I just had this problem twice again, in a league race, in a very weird way.

During the first race, my engine dies suddenly (on WTCC 15, I drive Autoclutch on and the car has downshift prevention). The driver behind me told that my car started flickering and then turned invisible for him. I had the exact same thing a few weeks ago on GT3, back then I thought I just revved too high.
    During the second race, I follow another guy and all of a sudden on my screen I am ahead of him. There was no freeze or move for me. I see in the rearview mirror that he shows with Ping 0.

I have a 6000 DSL connection, I know it is not the best but it works with all other games I play (rF2, Game Stock Car and CounterStrike Global Offensive). I cannot remember anything similar in any other game. My computer sucks but I checked on the BIOS and I have no overclocking activated. I even restarted the router before the event, use LAN cable, have no other devices in the network and no roommates either.

Here are my log files:
    http://speedy.sh/JgaBS/Log.rar

Can someone please give me some ideas what to do? It gets too frustrating, this is my favourite racing game but if it keeps on I have to switch to another game so that I can drive a season without issues.

5. Bewc

Bewc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I also have a problem with dissapearing, lagging opponents cars...Its very frustrating. Server ping is fine and my car runs silky smooth...All my other games run fine so my connection is fine, but this one won´t. Help

6. TSR Holzi

TSR Holzi Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    is there any news on that i have this from time to time

so for me all is fine but i see all other cars sometimes with ping 0

7. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure what some of you guys are experiencing is latency related.

The player car will turn invisible and collision will be disabled if the ping is higher than 1000ms which is 1 second. This is on purpose as someone with that much lag will only cause problems for everyone.

If you are getting this all the time when you are near others, it might be that your router/ISP doesn't like the traffic caused by P2P. We will look into P2P a bit more to see what we can do of course as it seems to not work great for everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  8. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    by turn invisible you are referring to ghosting correct?

not the issue in which a driver is invisible (or flickers occasionally) and other drivers will hit without even realizing or feeling they have.

9. TSR Holzi

TSR Holzi Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    but normaly i don´t have it only from time to time really randomly...
    but i will make some tests new router new modem during my next race...

10. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    No I mean invisible. Not ghosted.

11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    With my old provider I had that too, Holzi, not regularly but enough to worry about and it definitely had to do with performance issues on his side (plus crappy modem I guess)...

12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I'm running wifi to a desktop, around 30mbps downstream and 5-6 upstream measured. I'm moving into a new house soon and should be running hardwired ethernet at that point. It will be interesting to see if my issues disappear. Like most here, some races are tip top, inches away racing, while others just go nuts - does seem more prominent on dedi servers. At the very least, i can't really complain much until I take the wifi element out of the equation.

13. Liongivre

Liongivre New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Vous avez fait une belle Mise à jour avec la Nordschleife, mais il serait vraiment temps et même urgent de travailler sur les problèmes de ping 0 et d'erreur 503 des joueurs. Ce soir des joueurs disposant de la fibre optique commencent à avoir le même problème. Il est temps que vous fassiez quelque chose. Je NE PEUX PLUS jouer en ligne. Le jeu ne m'autorise qu'à faire du Hotlap. Je ne vois aucun intérêt d'acheter le contenu du jeu pour faire du hotlap.
    Encore une fois, vous avez ma confiance, mais soyez sérieux et travaillez svp sur ce problème. Merci d'avance.

You did a beautiful update with the Nordschleife but it is more than urgent to work on the players’ problems of ping 0 and error 503. Tonight some players who got optic fibers began to have the same problems. It’s time you do something. I CAN NOT play online anymore. The game only allows me to play Hotlap. I don’t see the point to buy contents of the game only to play hotlap
    Again I trust you but please be serious and work work on the problem. Thank you in advance.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Once again, i had yesterday some races with ping 0 ... Boring and unfunny at all.
    Like liongivre said, it s time for you, sector 3, to work on this fuc...g mp issue ... !!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mech Senn

Mech Senn New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi to the sector 3 team from France :)

First of all, i have to say that you did a very great job since the beginning of R3E and in particular in the last update. It's a real pleasure to enjoy the quality of your works and to have the opportunity of playing in the so called "laser scan Nordschleife" with great cars and improved FFB. Another time : well done Sector 3 ! :)

Nevertheless, and since the last update, I experimented the "ping 0 and invisible car" issue. I have to say that it can be understood in case of a poor internet connection BUT, in my case, with optic fiber (i.e. ping lower than 10 ms and a 100 Mbit/s download and upload speed), it can not be understandable ! o_O In particular in case of game

In particular, and because this issue was reported well before the last updates (June 2015 looking to the first post), i have to ask the following : What is the point to add the possibility of increasing the number of players in Multiplayers (and i understand that it make sense when we've now a great quality track like the Nordschleife) without solving a significant 1-year issue related to the Multiplayer ??? o_O In particular when an update introduce this issue for my case...

Because R3E is orientated as an sim-racing game, with specific possibilities to create and organize multiplayers races/championships, at this stage of the game development, you can not ignoring and not solving a significant multiplayer issue like this one!!!

As Liongivre said, and looking to the work quality already done in R3E, we believe that you have the dedicated resources for solving quickly this issue !:) But please, maybe now, you have to treat this issue as a priority !;)

Thanks in advance to the Sector 3 team :)

Mech

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gladys Maria

Gladys Maria Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Everytime i join an online race everyone is disappearing plus it takes a long time to even get into the race many times i think it has crashed on the loading screen it takes that long,there is another strange thing that happens when i am in 6 gear they will change on their own back to neutral and it makes a really weird noise.I used to play multiplayer a lot with zero issues i have a fast broadband and its not a wifi connection nothing overclocked its locked to 60 fps single player runs great. system win 7 ultimate cpu core i7 gpu 2xgtx780ti

17. Time

Time Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I have same problem for the first time and its not great for me and another players.

Please resolve the problem quickly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gladys Maria

Gladys Maria Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yes i hope it gets fixed i miss the online racing.

19. pitchkousn

pitchkousn New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ping Zéro !!!!!
    Many errors !!!!
    And now, a lot of return to Windows !!!!!
    Sector 3 , Do you really WORK on this PROBLEMS ?????????

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    yes errors 218 , 12002 , 503 pfffff :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1