Question Ping Rate

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    About how much does the ping rate have to be on RR servers before people should worry about being kicked off the servers?

Thanks
    "Nash"

2. jirbun01

jirbun01 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    depending on server
    on ranked servers it's 300 ms

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I was on a server that had a pair of 30 min CR1 races going Monday. The server was running about 122ms at that time. The first race went without a hitch. The second race, 25 mins into the race, the server bumped me off for going beyond limits. I don't know how the menu server's work. Can you educate me on who owns the servers and how they work? Doesn't RRE own all the servers? Don't they have all the same standards? Doesn't RRE control what is on their platform? As far as my end, I studied what I can do to keep this from happening. Shut down Internet programs and stuff to give as much bandwidth to the game on my end. I try to pick servers with little/faster ping times. Rookie runs fine. I have been with my ISP for about 10 years now. It has been happening the last couple of weeks. Trying to have a greater understanding of what to expect out of RRE/servers. So, I will not be so frustrated when I bumped off.

Thanks for your understanding and the support on my pictures.

“Nash”

4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Ping can spike and one spike can already lead to a kick. Ping spikes can have various reasons. For example someone else is downloading/streaming big time on your internet connection or the usual WiFi ping spikes if you are connected via WiFi.

5. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I only have my desktop running on Ethernet. Trying to give my game the most bandwidth on Ethernet.

Thanks for the info, Arthur

"Nash"

6. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone answer my questions up in reply # 3? If they are independent servers from around the world, maybe I would like to put a race up.
    Thanks
    "Nash"

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
  8. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Do you fine that a car will act different on different servers? Like the wheel of the Tatuus works the way you like it to in rookie but when you go over let's say BrotherOp.com's server or maybe others the Tatuus feels different.

"Nash"

9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I don't race on other servers, but as someone else suggested earlier, it might be because you use many assists and some of them aren't allowed on some servers.

10. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I so frustrated with being bump off the servers. Saturday, I run 5 races and was bump off by two rookie servers. I am running out of ideas to check and do. Went into google and learn what to do like have no programs, software, browsers on/working in the background etc. Raceroom is the only thing on when I race. Checked for viruses, verify my raceroom files etc. This only started about three weeks ago. No problems before that. Give me some ideas to try or things to check.

11. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Try rebooting the router.

12. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Arthur, I tried resetting the router Sunday morning. Got in a race and during qualifying I was bumped off of rookie. I played 4 games Sunday morning. I am going to talk to my ISP Monday and see what they have to say. If nobody else is complaining in the forum, it's got to be me, the ISP or somewhere in between. If you guys can think of anything to try let me know.

Thanks

"Nash"

13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Try using a VPN. The crux of the matter is your internet connection is not great so you are always going to have issues either with ping or excessive download times.

14. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Using a VPN will not improve your ping, it will most probably make it worse. A VPN can in some cases cure issues with routing, but it will in most cases increase ping as the signal gets routed through even more servers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    5 races Tuesday and I didn't get bumped off.

"Nash"

16. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Guys, I have had no problems with Internet, servers etc. since last Sunday. I never changed or did anything different. I just wonder what was going on with the equipment, Internet etc. between me and Raceroom.

"Nash"

17. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I guess we'll never know, but I'm glad it's solved now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
  19. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Why not default 500ms?

20. Maskerader