Pit Stop faster with AI assist or done manually?

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by tennenbaum, Aug 8, 2021.

1. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    1. Is there any reason to NOT use the AI pit lane assist?

2. Is manual pitstop faster? (I have the feeling that it is slower because if you refill you have to turn ignition off, and it needs quite some time to turn ignition on again + start engine, after pit service work is done. Also you can't cross pit lane line faster than pit speed limit when you do it manually, according to question 6.)

3. When doing manual pit stop you have to turn off ignition if you refill fuel, but you don't have to turn it off if you don't refill fuel, but only change tires, correct? AI behaves the same?

4. Are there Multiplayer Races where AI pitlane is not allowed?

5. Is it correct, that you don't get a clear statement when the pit service is done and that you can drive out (i.e. turn on ignition). And to get such a signal, you need crew chief?

6. When AI pit lane assist is on, you can drive over the pit lane line as fast as you want and the auto limiter will slow you down to to the pit speed limit - without you getting a speeding penalty?

Thanks for shedding some light on these question! I didn't find much about it on YT.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  2. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    No
    No
    Yes
    Yes
    Kinda
    No

3. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot!

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    No, there is a message "Go! Go!" when the pit stop is done.

5. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Majuh! RR, ACC and IR have all different procedures (also according to different IRL sporting regulations). Can be sometimes confusing...