Pit Stop Minimum Duration.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neil Bateman, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Just a quickie on this, if you set 30 seconds as the minimum duration is this from pit entry line to pit exit line and the stop itself, or do you need to be in your pit box for 30 seconds.
    Thanks.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It's 30 seconds from pit entry to pit exit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I’m sure it used to be the time you were in the box...that would make more sense but it seems to have changed recently

4. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    @majuh Thanks, that seems to be correct after watching a replay of the AI, i was always in my pit stall until the seconds timer was up then drove off, but the AI were passing pit exit line as the timer was up, it appears they know exactly how long it takes to reach pit exit from their pit stall and time it almost spot on everytime.

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I'd imagine they simply calculate the time necessary to reach the pit exit by dividing the distance to the pit exit by the pit speed limit. Personally, I simply measure the time needed between my pit stall and the pit exit during free practice.

6. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I'm so sure tho that it used to be the time that you were in the box...am I wrong?

7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I asked one of the developers about this earlier, as this thread made me curious and second guess myself as to how this is supposed to work :p

Basically, it is as @majuh says above. From the moment you cross the pit entry line, the timer will start counting.

This minimum pit stop duration feature was added due to the ADAC GT Masters license back in 2013 and 2014. According to the regulations of the series in 2014, there is a 60 second minimum duration that starts counting from the moment the cars cross the pit entry line. Which is why it works this way in RaceRoom. From a code standpoint, it doesnt seem like this has changed in the years since this was added to RR.

It had been so long since I used this option, that I too thought the timer started counting after you got to your pit box. Apparently though, it works as described above and you can leave your pit box before the timer is finished, as long as the timer finishes before you cross the pit exit line. So getting the timing perfect is quite a challenge in it's own right :)