Pit stops not recognized

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clark.eckel, Mar 19, 2018.

1. clark.eckel

clark.eckel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I have been playing for a couple years now, and only recently i.e. within the past few weeks, I am having trouble with pit stops. I typically play offline and run championship mode. I use mandatory pit stops on and have been pitting within the window. When I exit, the timer for pits keeps running and displays a message that I have to pit soon. Except, I ALREADY have. So why is it doing this? In addition, I finish the race and it puts me in 30th.... or last. Meaning, I am relegated for not pitting. Why is this happening?

Thanks!

2. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    My guess is , it is the ruleset you are using ? Are you changing just 2 tyres try changing all 4 tyres ? Let me know what ruleset you are using and if changing all 4 tyres fixed your issue
    Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. clark.eckel

clark.eckel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good thought. I confirmed yesterday after posting that if I pitted and changed tyres, problem solved. But why? Maybe my lack of education on mandatory pit stops, but I did not think I had to change rubber to get a confirmed pit stop. A fuel only stop should be allowed. I use a custom rules setup.

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, with the Custom Rules Preset you need to change at least 2 tyres in a mandatory pit stop. It simply has been defined like that.

5. clark.eckel

clark.eckel New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the help. That is a bit annoying, but I won't complain too much. I use custom rules due to the excess cut track penalties. Sometimes it is a bit much. Other than that I use all flags etc. Oh well, thanks again. Problem solved.