Pit to car radio app available - work in progress

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jun 24, 2015.

1. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    +1
    Awesome work and contribution from Mr. B!

2. Jamesr

Jamesr Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Can I just say how much I love this thing? The spotter, especially. It's taken the racing to a whole new level. Sector 3 needs to throw him a few dollars, or get him a BJ, or something... it's that good.

This sim is just a few features away from being GTR3, and it's because of stuff like this.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    This Tool expand the realfeel mode in a good way. Nice improvements, cant wait whats coming next ;)

4. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    +1 ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. KurtV

KurtV Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    mr_belowski i really like your work, thank you! Use it every race :D

6. Glen Kabis

Glen Kabis Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +199 / 0 / -0
    Just had the chance to give this a proper go over the weekend and it's really impressive. Haven't really read through this thread so some of this may have been mentioned, is toggleable or maybe isn't possible to fix.

Some observations and comments I have are:
    • More info during qualifying, being able to play the game without the annoying large overlays is great, but I'd like to know when I get an invalid lap and more updates on individual sector times.
    • I find the double time warnings excessive "ten minutes to go, that's ten minutes left)
    • At the start of the race, a recording stating how long the race is would be useful in my opinion
    • I had false spotting recordings playing on Zolder near the final turn. This could be a bug with the game itself as you can sometimes see some randomness in the position bar happening on some tracks.
    That's all I can think of off the top of my head, again, awesome job with this.

• Like Like x 2
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    @mr_belowski have saved S3S a lot of time, and brought us a highly anticipated feature!
    What I think S3S should do is to give @mr_belowski data so he can make flags rules as well.
    Then implement his great app into the game, and put him on the payroll so he can start working on other highly anticipated features!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    +1
    The notion of cut track warnings / invalid laps would be really helpful, especially when learning how much you can push on that specific track!

And also flags / accidents would be great to get implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You already fixed it by moving the folders to the same drive.

Didn't think of that so thanks for the hint but of course you can also have the folders on different drives and make it work, either with MPN64's sollution or by adding "/d" after "cd" in mine (this will make it switch to the correct drive):

@echo off
    cd /d "[the location of your CrewChief folder]"
    start CrewChief.exe
    timeout 4
    cd /d "[the location of your R3E folder]"
    start RRRE.exe
    exit

This way you can have the batch, R3E and CC files on separate drives and it'll still work, but MPN64's way is more elegant and less "old school" so it'd be safest to just use his. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Christian and MPN!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Np, glad you got it working the way you want it to.

Nice one and cheers for linking mine. Added link to your's in my thread as well. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert @itsmedavetn and everybody else that made an bat file to start Crewchief and R3E
    FYI read this thread LINK Especially the post by "Glen Kabis"

When I checked my documents I had one extra folder and the "GameInstallDir.ini" was to my Crewchief folder??
    I don`t know how/if this affects R3E as it seem to read my old setups from my original R3E documents folder.

To prevent this extra folder creation from happening you can set the startup folder on the shortcut to the bat file to the install path of R3E. IE for me this is "D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game"

Still I don`t know if this will affect CrewChief or R3E. if you notice any oddities with R3E or CrewChief this mite be the reason.

I think I will not personally use the bat file anymore, it mite create more problems than it solves
    (Bad memory and/or laziness;))

Hope this is understandable:) My English is not great: especially when trying to explain things.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the heads up MPN64. I checked and I still only have the one folder along with Crash dumps.

14. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I realized after your post that my way of making an bat file is cleaner but is the course of the creation of the extra folder:
    IE the startup folder becomes where the bat file is residing.

With Christian Göpfert,s way with the cd commands the startup folder is correct and no new folders are created.
    so old old school is better than new old school:D

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    sometimes ;)
    without even knowing! :D

Thanks for sharing your findings.

16. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess taxfree's version is the best for your ears :)

17. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I just put my hand on a sample for a less twangy but radio like sound / filtered reduced loudness as well- but will have to tweak each audio track - so, if you like it...

Attached Files:

• 1(2).zip
      File size:
      192.6 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  18. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Sector times aren't properly implemented in the data block. They're in there, but if I remember correctly they're not reliable. I'll double check tho.

Adding an event when you go off track should be OK - maybe in qual play a " this lap is now invalid" message, in race some warning about cutting and risking a penalty. But I'm open to suggestions here.

I could replace the "get ready" with something better - it was only a placeholder anyway. "11 laps, keep out of trouble", or " 20 minutes, let's see what we can salvage from this" (assuming your grid position sucks). Something like that - roll the race time / number of laps into some other message. Risks being too long tho.

The repetition sounds OK to me, but I can re-record the time remaining messages if there's a general feeling that it needs doing. Its only a few minutes work.

Dodgy spotter messages have proved really hard to prevent. Perhaps every now and then my app reads the data block while its in the process of being written, or maybe it sometimes contains duff data. Dunno, but I don't think I'll be able to fix the occasional wrong spotter call.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Off track event: "We just received a warning for going off track. You know the rules, stay within those lines." and maybe one like you suggested, being threatened with a penalty.

Going wrong way event maybe? "You're going the wrong way man! Turn the car around now or you'll get disqualified!" *Add random swearing* ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    On the subject of yellow flags, the data in the block is there but the fields are deprecated. The yellow flag flag does get set but there's no sector data associated with it, so the message would just a "there's an incident somewhere" message, which (IMO) is pretty useless.

I've not actually looked at the blue flag data - I'll investigate next week but I'd be surprised if there's anything in there.

Flags will have to wait till S3 implement it on there side

• Informative Informative x 1