Pitstop explanation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HomieFFM, Feb 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Hello Guys,
    I had a online race a few minutes ago on the ''Abgefahren-Server'' on the Nordschleife. 40 minute Race.
    I joined the server and didn't know if there is any Pitstop in this session (nobody answered me, asked 2 times)

I was on P1 after a few minutes, then there was the ''Pitwindow open'' message... so I drove in the pitlane, filled up 1 Liter (because I was driving with too much already) and continued.

Now I was on P2 after everybody was in the pitlane until the end, then I watched the replay because I couldn't explane how P1 got past me with a 20 seconds lead and saw this dude wasn't in the pitlane the whole race.

And whats even stranger, at the end of the race I was listed on P5 ?? like how the hell?? xD (I had no warnings or timepenaltys)

So now the Questions:
    1 - Is it possible to see anywhere in the menu inside the race if I have to pit or not? Because in the session info there is no info at all about that

2 - If there is a Pitstop notification Do I have to pit or is it just optional?

3 - When I have to pit, is it enough to fill up a little fuel or do I have to change the tires as well, or otherwise it don't count as a pitstop?

Thanks for any answer because I'm confused as hell with all that stuff :confused:

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    before you click join the server , its mentioned

yes if there is a pit message you must pit
    change 2 tyres minimum
    or you get a penalty

Andi

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Long time problem with the session info screen, way too little information.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Ok thank you very much, that explains why I ended on P5 at the end, it was the penalty because I didn't changed the tires and just added fuel.
    The guy at ''P1'' must also get a penalty because he didn't was in the pitlane at all.
    Now everything makes sense. Big Thanks :)
    gonna take a look from now on before joining a server xD ....

lost the big race wich I could have won :( but won some informations :D Cheers

5. robertallinson

robertallinson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. N. van Norden

N. van Norden New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is still an issue. Lately in a couple of races there was also a mandatory pitstop mentioned in the server info, but nobody got any penalties for not pitting. Someone could still become first place if they did not pit, even if others did pit and came second.

Or maybe it was because as you said you need to change at least 2 tires, of nobody did that (because nobody knew) then it would not have made a difference to the final standings.

I agree. It could be more obvious as of what the rules for the server are.

• Agree Agree x 2