Resolved Players experiencing error 12002 and/or other connection errors.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sonat Ozturk, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

We noticed that some of our players using DS-LITE type IPV6 connection are not able to connect to the game at all.

Some of you have confirmed that switching to FULL-DS or switching to IPV4 only solves the issue.

If you are one of the players having this issue, you can try doing the same to see if it resolves the connection problem for you. Please keep in mind that you might have to contact your ISP to make the change. This of course, is only temporary until we fix the issue on our side with a patch later.

Unfortunately a fix for this problem is not yet in and due to holidays I don't think we will be able to solve this one right away.

So far we are only aware of certain German ISP's having this problem. If you are one of the players who have this problem or had it and then resolved with the suggested workaround please confirm with a reply here.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And if you do have or had those issues, please also name your internet service provider, what type of connection you have (cable or phone line) and the router/modem model you're using.

Thanks.

3. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Can someone who has the problem try this for us please?

Before contacting the ISP and ask them to change anything, please try removing the brackets in the content.config

Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\

edit content.config with notepad

you should see
    [protection1.raceroomracing.com]
    [protection2.raceroomracing.com]

Remove the brackets, so they look like
    protection1.raceroomracing.com
    protection2.raceroomracing.com

save and try launching the game.

4. Joshen

Joshen New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have these problems and I´m on Kabel Deutschland in Germany. Cable connection with Hitron CVE30360 modem.

I tried to remove the brackets but then the game crashed at the start (crash dump attached). The game starts with the brackets but I get a 12002 when browsing the menus.

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Thank you @Joshen

Was worth a shot :)

6. jensmuellerhig

jensmuellerhig Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I had the same problems since the big November patch. Since Kabel Deutschland switched the DS-LITE type IPV6 connection to FULL-DS, I have no more issues. Hopefully I can say this even tomorrow evening again . ;)
    So I use Win 10 x64, cable connection, (Kabel Deutschland) and a Fritz Box 6490 Cable as a router.

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. kirgy

kirgy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Confirm 100% same like jensmuellerhig

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. WuWu

WuWu Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I get error 12152 "Internet connection problem" constantly, am not in Germany, and on DSL, not cable.

Edit: no readily apparent internet connection issues on my side. Pinging game.raceroom while playing went through without packet loss anyway, but it still comes up with that error. Only have had it since the whole 503 saga began (which I still occasionally suffer from also)

9. Gaspedal

Gaspedal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same here 12*** Error sometimes during playing but with Telekom (VDSL) in Germany, no cable, no DS Lite, static IPv4. No problems with other online games. For me unplayable at the moment because connection errors.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  10. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi.

We have a potential fix for this currently on the serverside. We would love to have some of you who are having the 12002 issue test it out. To be able to test it you need to do the following.

- If you had switched to Full-DS or IPv4, switch back to DS-LITE that was causing the problem.
    - Go the the Game folder e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game
    - Open content.config with a text editor e.g. notepad.
    - Delete the entries and add [protection2.raceroomracing.com]:7894 (with brackets)
    - Launch the game.

Please let me know of the results. It is important that you switch back to the problematic technology DS-LITE. It you had it switched to Full-DS or switched back to ipv4 again this won't confirm the fix.

11. Joshen

Joshen New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I tried it and toggled through the menus and store. Got the 12002 after a while but it was a major improvement to how it was before. Didn't have time to test it more extensive.

12. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Joshen. Can you confirm that you switched back to DS-LITE?

13. Joshen

Joshen New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I never switched in the first place, so I guess that means I'm on DS-LITE (Kabel Deutschland).

EDIT: I've done a little more testing and it a big improvement. I still get the 12002's but not as often as before. Earlier I could get about 5 errors before making it into a race (offline) and after the race I always (100%) got a 12002 before coming back to the menus. Now I managed to do two short races before getting the 12002 after finishing the second one.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  14. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    @Joshen
    Can you attach the logs, mainly mwtransport and game logs from these sessions? The spots you get 12002 indicate that it might be more than just the content server so we would love to take a closer look.

15. Joshen

Joshen New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I hope these are the right ones.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    They are yes thank you very much.

17. Joshen

Joshen New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I didn't see anything about it in the changelog, but whatever you did it fixed my problem with the 12002. Just played a couple of races and didn't get any connection errors at all. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Der Lucky

Der Lucky Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Same for me, runs very stable again. :)