Question Please change the name of spanish livery of X-22

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Yei Arrh, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Yei Arrh

Yei Arrh New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    "Edgar Cerdeiras".

The name Edgar is not spanish and nobody is called Edgar in spanish talking countries. Besides, the car has something similar to the spanish flag, so as maybe in South America someone could be called so, in Spain not.
    Cerdeiras is a surname practically inexistent. In fact is a new word for me, and I think is selected with bad and humilious intent, because it is similar to the word "pig" in spanish.
    So please change the name.
    I know you won't make it, because I know how things work.

• Like Like x 1
  2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Thank you, this was already addressed last week and part of it is already pushed to the game since yesterday.
    The website (the game menus) still has the old names, and this will be until we have our next maintenance.

But in the game (garage screen, timing screens, names floating above cars, position bar), you will see that those cars are now driven by:

Maria Garcia and José Soler

Those names were suggested by the spanish community members of our discord.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Never let facts get in the way of being offended in 2022. Cerdeira is of Galician orgin and means cherry - like Cerezo, which is a super common Spanish surname. And since when does everyone have to have a name from their own country. Does that mean Lando Norris, Kevin Magnussen, Daniel Ricciardo or Esteban Ocon have to change theirs too?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    lando norris ; lando is a british name ...

Lando is a boy’s name with British and Iberian origins. The British variation means “long hill” and is often a shortened version of the name Lance.
    Norris is an English surname. In some cases it is derived from the Middle English norreis, noreis, norais; and the Anglo-Norman French noreis. In such cases the surname derived from elements meaning "northerner", and referred to people from Norway, and northern England and Scotland.

Andi

• Like Like x 2
  5. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    The fun story is, those names I had actually picked at random from spanish raceroom players. First name of one combined with last name of another.

So there are spanish people with those names.

In the end I don't mind, if having different names makes you enjoy the game more, why not :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    As Yei Arrh doesn't respond it seems to be one of that typical rants "of those who are easily offended by literally anything" that are so common these days :rolleyes:...

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Or he shared his thoughts and is back playing the game. This topic is not one of those that require a back-and-forth conversation like, for example, solving an issue with the game...

8. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    thing is he wasn't alone with those thoughts as we had been contacted by some members of the spanish community and I had already modified them. Just bad luck that I picked two raceroom spanish players with odd names :)
    People like when things are conform to expectations hehe

9. Yei Arrh

Yei Arrh New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry if someone expected that I talk some more here, I don't like to talk at all, and it is just because as I can check that after two updates the name isn't changed, at least in my game, just to ask a big sorry to all my fellow spanish raceroom racers for my intervention here. I'll never learn, I guess.