Please remember your 'best' customers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by morsify, May 21, 2022.

1. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I don't see how responding to a general point with an extreme case is productive. No system is perfectly adjusted for every case.

And Steam can approach this particular issue because it's an industry giant. It's pretty unfair to discuss Raceroom's purchase solutions by comparing them to what Steam offers for less wealthy markets. Raceroom isn't in position to have an ambition to do the same.

You could always argue that Raceroom should've stuck with Steam to begin with and take advantage of their systems. But they clearly decided against it so I don't think there's any point in derailing the topic in that direction. That boat has sailed.
    The fact that bulk purchases are incentivized doesn't mean that singular purchases are not desired as well. You're only going as far with your deduction as far it agrees with what you'd like. I, on the other hand, am willing to go further and say that just like discounts mean they pursue vRP purchases around 40 Euros, one time character of Premium Pack means they pursue singular content purchases from Premium Pack owners. Seems pretty obvious.

And since the system keeps being in place, it seems they're pretty content with it, so who are we, with no financial data at all, to say they'd be just as happy with something else? This seems like a classic case of wishful thinking - "it would suit me, so I'm sure it's going to be good for the other side as well".

And I don't really see where's the inconvenience in keeping buying everything. Seems pretty straightforward, unless you get out of the loop for several years and there's a lot of content to be bought. But that's not really a customer worth prioritizing, when there are people who keep playing and keep paying.

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    But up until a month ago they did sell on Steam and you could use regional pricing. I was against having the two options as apart from the steam DLC being out of date, it caused confusion - people were going on steam and buying everything thinking that was all the content available then getting a surprise when they realised it wasn´t. Of course it was their responsibility to check what they were buying but it´s an example of a flawed system that now has thankfully been replaced.

I agree with you that all sources of revenue are good - the survey showed most people were buying individual items too.

RRE has proved to be very conservative so I don´t expect them to change the system but then again if no one had any initiative to change things we´d still be sitting in caves in the dark.

Perhaps in the future they will adopt NFTs to allow big spenders to own personal liveries or have their name on their cars instead of AI drivers.

My own situation, for the little it´s worth is I have spent money on vrp and still have some left. I´ll use it on items I consider of interest e.g. original new content and when it´s done it´s done. If there is still a game and I am still here 3 or 4 years from now and I am missing a lot of interesing content then I will see what options are available then.