Please the M1 why is it so bad....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loki-D, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I mean compared to a GRP5 car its harder to keep on the road, especially with its vague, floaty, hoverboat like ffb. Please fix this car or delete its from the roster its bad soooo bad..

I dont mean no disrespect but this car is just honestly a bad apple in a good bunch.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  2. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Agree , The M1 car has gone from one of most loved cars , to now the least used for sure. Base / fixed setup needs work. For sure. Fun factor = zero.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    great car, i rly like it ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    be really good if the opinions had some detail

thanks

Andi

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    especially with its vague, floaty, hoverboat like ffb

all there is.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    nope; what wheel , are the settings default?; what track combo, are you using the default set up etc ....

i dont have what you describe ffb wise on my wheel
    Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I just drove it yesterday and I find it really easy to control compared to a couple of weeks ago. It's a wonderful car. I also have the feeling that cars like the Zakspeed Capri are more predictable to drive now. I appreciate that because in the past I was often under the impression that there is something missing what makes me "feel" the limit of these cars. Now, it seems that I am able to judge this moment better when you start to lose control over the car. And it's just like this with the BMW M1 Procar.
    This thread makes me drive another round with this beauty. :)

Edit: My FFB with the BMW is not floaty or vague btw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    You don't like the car so demand it's removal from the game? How about just not bothering to drive it, and leave those of us who think it's fine the option of doing so? :rolleyes:

It's an old car from a bygone era and takes some getting used to, that's all. You can't drive it like a modern racing car and expect it to respond the same way. The brakes are rubbish and a heavy foot will have you breaking traction on the exit to every corner. You need to adapt to the car, not demand that it be adapted to you. Also, there's nothing wrong with the FFB for me either.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Bygone era! So is the grp5 but even with their huge turbo lag their easier than the slower m1.

Just doesn't feel authentic at all doesn't feel like a car at all . But if you guys have put up with it then glad for you. The m1 has felt crap from the very beginning I've been there and always said it .

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  10. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    gr5 is easier because its on old physics

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Look, the cars weight just 200kg shy of your current GT3 car, with late 70s tyres and tech and basically no aero. It will be a brick, compared to modern cars, especially in fast corners, and especially if you try to push is straight from the pits on cold tyres.

I've been having great fun with the car the last few days, and it doesn't feel vague. It is stable under braking, and also quite complacent in out of turn acceleration. The only thing to vary of is to no to try turn-in sharply with to much speed, because the rear likes to break traction in such situation, and you spin around. Also, watch your tyres temperatures, and adjust your pressures during practice. You will overheat the front outer tyre quickly if you try to drive at the edge in long medium speed corners (like the slovakia rings 2nd sector).

• Like Like x 1
  12. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I just wanted to say exactly the same thing! Thanks.
    I am looking forward to the reactions when Group 5 has received its physic update.
    I've only been on board since the big December update.
    And I only start to drive Group 5 after the physic update it's deserve.
    S3 and Mr. Hodgkinson already know very well what they are doing. I have the deepest trust.
    If the M1 is already so difficult to drive, please don't test the 934 RSR ... :)

Compared to that, the M1 drives as if by itself (almost on rails).
    Just my opinion.
    Group 4 is the supreme discipline in physics and FFB in RRE.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Or like some say: Group 4 by Sector3, separate the men from the boys! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Stiggy

Stiggy Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I haven't driven this car since the physics were updated, and this thread inspired me to give the Procar version a run. I have to say that it is a difficult car to drive, but once you get the hang of it it's very rewarding to drive. I didn't understand why a lot of people liked the old version of this car's physics, it felt too floaty and had too much grip for what it was trying to replicate.

I'd definitely suggest to turn down the brake pressure in the setup to somewhere in the range of 80-90% to give you more control under brakes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I do appreciate all the comments and advice and opinions, but i just dont think the base physics is just any good, compared to this video car looks pretty stable (hes hardly having to correct his inputs at all!) and not loose and floaty like RRe version. Maybe its just awful ffb - maybe physics.... whatever its not like real life.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    He is driving it in very "calm" manner. Giving onself really enough time to slow the car down, and be able to entry the car once off the brake.
    He also isn't pusing the car to it absolute limit for obvious reasons. Drive it in the same manner in R3E and the car will behave excatly like in the video.

As was mentioned beforehand, compared to the 934 it is tame kitten.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

This box seems familiar to me somehow ..;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hmm are they using lower steering lock, he didnt turn much (hairpin) compared to the RRE car, isnt it 900deg in game?

19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    One lap around slovakia ring, default setup. Not the fastest lap, but still, the car was perfectly driveable, with little corrections here and there.

The steering lock is 720 ingame.

• Like Like x 2
  20. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Is a great car. But too boring compared to the 934 :).