Poll - How Much Would You Pay For A Monthly Subscription - Part 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Not Lifting Off, Jun 26, 2019.

?

How Much Would You Pay For A Monthly Subscription

1. $0

2. €0

3. £0

4. £35

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Think i already answered this without voting.

Sorry, couldnt resist ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. W2Racing

W2Racing Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I think it would be interesting to see the results from a poll that actually had the option of $0. The results of the last one do look skewed, but with over 1000 views and less than 50 responses total I would say most people are not interested in paying anything. Myself included. There is a very small group in the sim racing community who would be willing to shell out a monthly fee, and those people are already on iRacing for the most part. The best a new subscription service could hope for is to take some of those away from iRacing, but I don't think that group is just going to get bigger. Most of us would just move on to a different sim. To me Raceroom is the best available that does not have a subscription, and that is why I'm here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I would like to pay 0¥. Please add to the options ;)

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Jokes aside, and taking account what was said in the other thread.... £0

But.... If raceroom were to offer some kind of premium membership, whereby for the monthly price you got all content including future releases, there was a committment to move the sim forward in terms of mechanics, moving to a different engine when the time is right and implementation of requested features rather than just new cars and tracks. And there was a committment to implement a proper multiplayer ladder with matching (similar to what iracing has), then I would be definitely open to a subscription of say £5 month/ £60year. Its never going to happen and it's a massive ask though.

The reason I don't like iracing, and I've been there and back a few times is the huge cost of content on top of a subscription, the fact that it's almost impossible to race what you want when you want (no AI yet obviously) and I feel the cars lack involvement.... It's either grip or no grip, not much feeling through the wheel what the car/tyres are doing when you get close to the limit, basically it feels like a very expensive game whereas to me raceroom at least gives me the illusion of actually driving a race car.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    ;)

6. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    How's the weather where you live guys ??

7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Rather warm.

8. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    It's not that complicated. When Sector3 wants my money, they release a new track and I pay for it.
    I like this model as it's easy for them to freshen up one of the many Race07 tracks and release it. (They don't all need to be laser scanned).
    Months when I have the money I buy all available DLC and months when money is tight I can still race and won't loose everything like iracing.

• Agree Agree x 1