POLL: Screen/screens

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tuborg, Apr 28, 2016.

?

What kind of screen/screens do you use?

1. 4:3 Single screen

2. 16:9 Single screen

3. 21:9 Single screen

4. 4:3 Triple screens

5. 16:9 Triple screens

6. 4:3 Projector

7. 16:9 Projector

8. 4K 4096x2160

9. VR

10. Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    ... when the most of us is not using more than one screen, it would be cool if the extra rear mirror would have a wider fov, or if one could adjust it. Without crew chief it is actually impossible to drive. I don't see if a car is next to me. Yesterday I saw the 24 hours of SPA and a Bentley driver explained the radar on his car. That would be cool. Different lights showing him how far away opponents are. For instance, 250m away a green light, 15m behind him flashing red light, super close all lights on.

2. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    16:9 Single screen

3. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Wow, this many of you are on single screens? Is that your rig in general or just with R3E because of the lack of proper triple support?

FWIW - I voted other, I use triple projectors

4. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I guess the answer is simple, not everyone can afford three monitors and you also need the space for it. I only have a 40 inch TV, so far so good, just started simracing one year ago. Now I am waiting for the next generation of VR headsets. For me it does not makes sense to invest money into an old technology :)

5. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    It's my screen in general and it will be my screen in the future because I don't have enough room for a triple screen setup.

6. switchface

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I hear ya, wasn't meant as a dig at all, just curious. Cost-wise everything is relative of course, but my setup actually costs less than a lot of the nicer screens out there. I used white MDF from Home Depot as my projection surface. Space-wise, yeah, its huge!

I asked because getting triples (and motion) were the main reasons I forced myself off of Forza/console onto the PC. My next rig will be VR, but I'm also waiting for the next round of hardware before making the jump.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Triples will be my final setup.
    As @switchface wrote, I too changed to PC mainly for triples.
    I don't like VR for several reasons.
    Tried several motion rigs too (because I was planning to get one) but I have put a hold on that too.
    It's great for shorter races, but I can't see myself doing endurance races in it, so I'll stick with my 80/20 rig with integrated triple support.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gildius

Gildius New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm waiting for the triple screen support too ;)

9. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Join the club...
    But I'm starting to have my doubts. No clear answers, always tiptoe-ing around the questions. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear the worst.

10. Gildius

Gildius New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It's sad, but I have the same feeling.
    At the moment I also do not buy any extra content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    It's what I use here: I play R3E on the pc I usually use and I don't have a dedicated machine for this, so I have a single screen :p
    Every time I want to play I have to attach and disassemble the steering wheel on the desk and the pedals below. I have a good "working" chair, so is confortable anyway ;) :p

12. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Even without proper triple screen support I can't stand playing a car game on a single 24" monitor.

Yeah it stretches on the side monitors but that sense of speed I get from the perifrial vision and been able to use a low fov to get that sense of looking through a real windscreen and still been able to see cars and corners in my perifrial vision is well worth that inconvenience.

13. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I reckon we're all gonna have to wait for the leap to U4 before we see proper triple screen support, which, to be honest is getting nearer and nearer by the minute (literally) :rolleyes:, it's not a deal breaker for me, spend most of the time looking at the centre monitor anyway, loose end rather than a major flaw for me, ranking system and tyre compounds interest me far more at the moment, oh and Imola, GT3'S, GT4'S........................................................................

14. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    First sim I tried on triples (pCars1) had no triple screen support and after a while I got used to the weird view, big mirrors and stretched cars & landscape. R3E was mostly the same. But then I tried rF2, AMS, AC and that looked like I hoped it would. Being used to that, the non triple supported sims were less nice to drive, even bothering.
    With pCars2 getting full triple screen support, R3E will be the only one left. Which is keeping me from buying cars/tracks because I know I am not going to drive that much in R3E until that gets fixed.

I believe you are right, but is do wish R3E would be honest enough to tell us that it will not happen until they change engine.
    It would keep me from nagging about it all the time, something that even bothers myself... :oops:
    But I can't help it...I just want to know.

15. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    The lack of proper triple screen support has not really caused much problems for me on triples. Yes some stretching towards the edges, but i can barely see that wide out anyway....for the most part it still looks great and i have theFOV i want.

That said, of course i still would like to see it added...likely with new engine though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. switchface

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Really? In many cars my driver's side mirror is takes up the majority of my right screen. Looks horrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    yea I do have to agree with that, some cars are a LOT worse then others.

18. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yeah im guessing its ny FOV which is fairly low, and my seat is far forward to line up my wheel with onscreen dash.

Heres a video..not too stretchy...

I should note the modern DTM cars i find the worst for this problem, but ive found a good FOV with them i think. Dtm 92 lines up with my rig perfectly.

• Like Like x 1