Poll: What's next for the best racing sim on the planet??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bindaree Racing, Feb 4, 2019.

?

What's next for the best racing sim on the planet??

Poll closed Feb 19, 2019.
  1. NIGHT RACING/RAIN

45 vote(s)
    53.6%
  2. SUPERCARS AUSTRALIA SERIES

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. CLASS ONE SERIES (DTM/SUPER GT)

9 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. NASCAR SERIES

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. CUSTOM SKINS AVAILABILITY

13 vote(s)
    15.5%
  6. MORE AUSSIE/NZ TRACKS

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. MORE US TRACKS

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. MORE ASIAN TRACKS

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. MORE EUROPEAN TRACKS

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  10. OTHER

29 vote(s)
    34.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I rather see improved physics and ffb on cars that are left in the dark before moving any further. Just for the record, perfect exaples are GT2, Porche 911 cup, GT4 and maybe a few other cars that i cant remember. The rest need a little polishing. There is nothig more satisfying than driving/racing cars that feel so good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I completely agree. I would like to see every car with the updated physics like the GT2 and GT4.
    But because they already working on this, i have good faith this is going to happen in the future.

Besides that new tracks are always welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I want Tracks and Cars!!!

Tracks - Most of all I want Sebring and Road Atlanta!!!

Cars- When are the GT3 Lambos, Acura and Ferraries coming to RRE???

I have iRacing, Pcars1 & 2, AC and IMO RRE already has the best FFB and Sound... The way its designed that you can Dial in any FFB effect and Sound to your exact taste is Brilliant!!! (I left ACC out because its still a work in progress... It has Good potential but Needs alot of fine tuning and polishing)

I Dream to Feel the Gt3 AMG Mercedes Screaming down the Bumpy Straights of Sebring.

ASUS 1080TI OC edition in 4K I have every setting Maxed and get a Solid 60FPS with 38+ Cars on the Grid!!! so Even if it stays DX9 at this point is fine with Me because it Runs Silky Smooth with Large Grids 4k or VR... It would be Nice to Have Animated Cloud movement and Signs but to have that and Create FPS Drops and end up with a Choppy Stuttery Racing experience is Not a Good trade off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  4. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Good point about the dx9....silky smooth performance is hell important. I love the RR graphics.
    Talking about the grapics, there only one game that blew me away, off topic Red Dead Redemption 2. I would love to see the same in every other game or sim. Not sure what engine is used for this one?

• Like Like x 1
  5. FlakNine

FlakNine Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for continuing the off-topic... It's Rockstar's own proprietary RAGE engine. I agree it looks stunning, but they have around 2000 employees at their disposal to work on every little gorgeous nuanced detail of wildlife, foliage, mud, clouds, sunsets, etc.

IMO, R3E isn't as pretty as some racing games but I honestly do not miss the eye-candy in the heat of the moment when racing at silky smooth high frame rates! The only time my brain has bandwidth to even consider the graphics is when watching replays/streams, however I can live with the current graphics which are perfectly OK except for my one minor pet peeve of the levitating flags in the crowds! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Important thing to keep in mind is that Racing Sims have more Fast pace moving Animation/Graphics Ex:Trees, Signs, Crowds than Adventure and First person Shooters...it takes alot of CPU & GPU Muscle to animate everything smoothly... Ex: When i play Rise of the tomb raider in 4k I hardly ever Notice when i get less than 60fps as compared to Racing games every dip below 60fps is blaring, obvious and hard to ignore... RRE looks every bit as Good as iRacing!!! Pcars2 only has a slight graphical edge because of the animated clouds and time advance... But i would gladly trade all the Fancy Gimics for a stable bug free Racing experience... While Racing I don't have time to admire the beauty of the On Screen Sun set I'm more focused on Catching the Car Ahead of Me or Trying to Open up a bigger Gap to take the Win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pekro

Pekro Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I voted for Night Racing/Rain; although i am not interested in Rain Races, but Night Races would be great, since we have multiclass now for Endurance racing :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Mr GooseCreature is more or less correct, like it or not..
    I remember reading one of those, ‘our survey said’ things produced by game developers/publishers with regard to features within video games, sim racing car games etc..
    The most wished for feature was, ‘rain/weather’.
    The most unused feature was, ‘rain/weather’.
    So, you could argue that a small group of ‘hardcore sim racer types’, people that wear a helmet to go shopping, are lobbying wherever they can for ‘rain/weather’, like here.
    Nothing wrong with that, except that no one else bothers with it..
    Perhaps try it once or twice, for ‘fun’..
    The ‘normalcore sim racer type’ goes back to having fun with his favourite game, and never bothers to relearn tracks, setups etc, like you have to when one races in the ‘rain’.
    Driving a car in driving rain is not exactly fun in real life is it?
    Drive down a motorway for an hour or two, bad visibility, lower grip, slower, boring..
    Drive around a track for an hour or two, bad visibility, lower grip, slower, boring video game..
    Yep, cannot wait to get home after driving in the rain for a few hours, just to do the same in a video game for ‘fun’..
    That is why most people don’t bother, it is not fun..
    Generally people play games to escape from boring day to day activities, it is called entertainment.
    To rebuild a game completely, which you would have to do with RaceRoom, just to include ‘rain/weather’ for the ‘5%’, is simply a waste of time and money. Like it or not, it does not make sense.
    Totally understand the wish for ‘rain/weather’, totally understand why it will not happen with RaceRoom in its present form.
    If you really are desperate to experience ‘wet weather’, perhaps you could ask your partner to throw a bucket of water at you, every 10mins perhaps..
    ‘Tinted visor’ on your ‘hardcore sim-lid’ could help you replicate darkness..
    Move into the garden, during a storm..
    Or maybe just go play a game that does weather, RF2 for example.
    And them come back here when it is out of your system and you are suitably wet..

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Other > Keep working on AI improvements always is a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. oldspalover

oldspalover Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Night racing and rain pls and more american tracks

11. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    @Timmy L People voting Night/Rain doesn't necessarily mean they are desperate for it... it might just mean that between a new feature and more content some people would prefer a new feature at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    One feature that should have been added to Raceroom is at least one car for drifting. That would be hell good!!! :) ....or maybe some special settings like drift mode that could transform our current cars into drift possibilities. I am dreaming, am I?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  13. Brian Gildea

Brian Gildea Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I voted for: Night Racing/Rain and more US tracks.
    Was just at the Ring with 45 cars, insanity. What a great sim.

14. Timmy L

Timmy L Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    David, that above, is almost the funniest piece of spin ever written.
    Well done..x

15. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    Try with the Mclaren Mercedes SLR 722 GT :D

16. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'm an example of what I wrote... I have other sims with night and rain and only use those functions once in a blue moon, so I know I'm not in a hurry for them, but I still voted for it, becouse all the other options (except other) are about new content, and between new content and a nice new feature I'd rather have the nice new feature.

But if you don't understand what I'm saying and find it funny more power to you I guess o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Aside from rain on the list, I'd really love to see flat spots, cooldown lap, better collision physics and punishing damage. Go raceroom!!! Rooting for you :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    The Multi player Lobby's Need to be Easier for any 1 to create a room... Pcars2 and even Forza you can just make a online room and that's that... If RRE would ever fix that RRE would definitely be a threat to iRacing... The Lack of Not being able to create Online Lobbys is definitely holding RRE back. Yes there are online lobby's to join but what about when you don't like the car and track...That's when you just Go back to drving off lineo_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  19. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    From my point of view, Raceroom needs to include a competition simulator (licenses, rating)
    However, in SRS the participation is very low and I wonder if having an integrated system would improve this, or simply the Raceroom community is only for private championships or the use of cars and tracks in practice or in time attack.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Pales

Pales New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I thought it wasn't possible to include dynamic day and night, due to the engine restrictions? I read somewhere that it only has one light source.

Having said that, look what SOL has done for Asetto Corsa. That engine only has one light source as well.