Popularity of Raceroom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fufsgfen, Jan 19, 2019.

1. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    You can buy the whole game, all the cars and all the tracks, for less than $100 and after that.. nothing.. I think that is cheap compared to the alternatives, especially iRacing, which ends up costing way way more... but it is not way way better...

I dunno.. I do not think Cost is an issue at all with R3... I dropped $70 on Ghost Recon Wildlands and haven't touched it in a long time, and the same goes for many other efforts to enjoy video games... I spent way over $1k on World of Warships.. and uninstalled in last month after realizing that WG was determined to make the game worse.. ;)

So yeah.. R3 is cheap considering the content and the competition.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I am a bit deeper into the game now... figured out how to see and join rookie races... engaging with the NA crowd... a Discord server is now running for aR3ers in North America... and that will help build a community here...

https://discord.gg/dBgQRtPrDe

3. Ricardo Soares

Ricardo Soares Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough.

But considering USD to EUR I would buy it if I lived in USA too, would be way cheaper.

My case is a little different, since I live in Brazil, I'm considering BRL to EUR, which consists in 1 EUR = 6-7 BRL. If I did the same you did, I would have to spend 600-700 BRL for the entire game, considering you bought the full game package (I bought the Euro track bunle, for approximately BRL 100, I have to agree that was a sweet deal for me and some Steam DLCs in December, which were also good deals too).

I'm not arguing about cost-benefit stuff. I agree game is pretty solid and has potential of growth, be it game development or community development, but to invest such a value in a game straightforward like that, sadly isn't possible for me.

Regards.

4. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

OUCH!!!!!!

5. Ricardo Soares

Ricardo Soares Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, friend, that hurts the wallet doesn't it?

Regards.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I don't think its a fair statement. I bought Premium Pack 2yrs ago, all as you name it, and now the updated premium pack has much more content so its like catching 22, if you want to be maintaining the entire game available for you to play then you will still need to ditch money in the future.

someone on another thread has mentioned a good idea that would be for historical Premium pack owners, get the latest content at a discount price so we don't feel kind of cheated

You can buy the whole game, all the cars and all the tracks, for less than $100 and after that.. nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    What I would like to see is an annual offer to update to All.. or... maybe the thing would be offer me a subscription that would just give me whatever new content is produced..

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    If you buy vrps there is always a discount on the ingame €/$ steam price ,

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Miguel Lopes

Miguel Lopes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also multiplayer Rank is broken. In a race with a small number of players your reputation gets penalized even without incidents. Less 7 points by race in a lobby of 5.
    Unless your race gets more than 10 or 15 players do your reputation a favor and do not enter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ricardo Soares

Ricardo Soares Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Didn't experience this so far on these circunstances. Hard to get races with 10-15 players.

Regards.

11. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    That seems unlikely, can you link to a race, or your raceroom profile at least?

12. fauster

fauster Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if RR is most popular...I hope yes...and seems that with the ranked servers, more people are join it.
    I know that I am so happy with this game and with all of the cars and tracks...and ranked servers..and great community...I am enjoying a lot the cars and races...and I am really motivated ;). And not only me...some of my friends too :).
    Thanks Raceroom!!

• Like Like x 5
  13. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Well, for sure it's not the "most popular". The player base is nowhere near iRacing, AC, ACC...but it seems to be doing quite well compared to rF2 and AMS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Let's see how close we can get to the all-time record for peak concurrent players today...

15. Wayne Hutchison

Wayne Hutchison New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I was talking with a colleague about this .. when I am driving.. I am not really noticing the quality of the graphics, but I am noticing the quality of the driving... yes, good looks helps, but we all know that looks are skin deep.. I would much rather have a good driving sim than a good looking sim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    One might then wonder .. why are you here... If ACC is all that.. eh?

But it IS a personal choice.. I can't see all the wonderful scenery when I am driving... in a replay, sure... but I didn;t start driving sims for the looks...

18. J.Simonds

J.Simonds Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    The FFB is 100% adjustable....

19. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    AACis Nice but lifeless to me. Plus you need a monster pc to get all the bells and whistles at max.
    I play on a triple setup in 7680*1440 but that is a no go with ACC. I have to disable the two side panels to be able to get a decent FPS.
    At first I found the GFX of RaceRoom also a bit “off” so to speak, I played mostly Pcars2 . But after a couple of years I do not see the lesser GFX anymore and enjoy the game more than ever.
    If only they could make the tilt seat option working when using triple screen. Many time asked still not implemented. That makes RaceRoom not my number one sim. Sad but I have to deal with it and I’m not alone in this.
    Untill It will be implemented or fixed I play AMS2. :D

20. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I am noticing a lot more parallels than I was expecting between the two, especially in the tyre model being based on RF2's model. I really like RF2's physics, but the challenges system, more straightforward and cleaner UI, and pretty similar driving experience (to name a few) has had me coming back to R3E much more than RF2 as of late. I was able to create a server for the first time and have it up and running in under ten minutes for some buddies and me to do some racing. It is just refreshing.