Released Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 4, 2019.

1. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Agree! Also this car is insane. First a learning curve but once you 'have that connection with the car' it's like falling in love again.
    And then the moment you find out that full throttle on some parts* at Nordschleife is not the best thing todo ;) This is indeed a great combo!

* I won't spoil too much just find out to those who haven't tried this combo yet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  2. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I'm having a blast with this one too. Bilsterberg is a match made in heaven, and really forces you to control that right foot. :)

I was experimenting earlier with TC turned off, and while it can bite you rather quickly, there were also some little moments of magic coming though.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    SRO regular James Sonofras has had experience driving the GT2 Audi and the GT2 Porsche in 2019. He explains his driving philosophy....

“The direct comparison to the GT2 RS Clubsport would be the GT3 R,” says Sofronas. “I think the biggest thing I noticed right away was the Clubsport was easier to drive, and way easier to get a quick lap time out of it. It doesn’t need to be driven hard in the corners; you’re not at maximum cornering speed and g-loads with all the downforce [as in a GT3 car]. This car is more of a point-and-shoot, mega torque off the corners, so if you don’t get it right it kind of makes up for that.

“To do a fast lap in the Clubsport doesn’t require you to hustle it in the corners — it just won’t because it doesn’t have the downforce. The car moves a little bit more, it’s a little more compliant, it’s softer because it’s heavier, and in that regard it is easier because it won’t allow you to push it over the edge. So you’re just patient — you roll through the corners at a reasonable rate and the car just launches out of the exit.”

Hopefully S3 will give us the Audi R8 LMS GT2 as well!

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  4. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Simbin who?

5. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    if you ask such questions ?! then you don’t even know who makes the game.o_O

6. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    I can tell you, it's: https://www.sector3studios.com/#games ;)

Sadly, Simbin doesn't exists no more, I remember the good old days with GTR, Race, Race07 and Addons. still miss the S2000-STCC-cars (Scirocco, C200, 308 etc) and GT Club-cars.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Simbin is alive and they are working very hard to puplish one or two screenshots/wallpapers of GTR3 every year.:p

• Funny Funny x 12
  8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Simbine*

9. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Made me actually lol!

10. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    I f_____ up..... must have been those screenshots....