Released PORSCHE 911 GT3 Cup (2017)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Ugly86

Ugly86 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Sound from the Cup Car ist Bad. The Engine Sound is to low.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I did a short race at nurburgring today , these cars are so fun to drive but it takes a bit getting used to. Love the slight amount of lift off overseer they have.
    Was running a mixed race with gt3 Porsche.. how can you tell the difference from the cars in the front or back. It's be nice to know if I'm blocking a gt3 etc

3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    the gt3-r has a bigger wing and is wider due to the body-kit. also the gt3-r has the foglights and the gills above the tires on the front fenders

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jusek

Jusek Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic car, good challenge. Trying not to lock brakes in turn 1 of nurburgring is pretty tough.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Put your BreakPower in Setup on 90 % and give for this curve 2 clicks more break balance on the rear.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. alfsoft69

alfsoft69 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    This car will definitely take some practice with the brake pedal to avoid lock ups. Oddly enough, the sound is a bit off. Raceroom always nails sounds, so this was surprising. Obviously the RSR is another animal altogether (I have video from Laguna Seca and it dwarfs everything else!). Can't remember if its AMS or Rf2 that has a FLat 6 mod, but I remember the sound from Youtube videos being pretty nice and that was what I was hoping for.

Either way, I'm stoked to have Porsches in Raceroom!

8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    why do you compare the sound of the RSR with the GT3 Cup? completely different cars and engines and obviously different gearboxes and exhaust systems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I specifically acknowledged the RSR being another animal altogether; I'm not comparing them. I made that comment for people to realize I'm not mistakenly confusing the two. The Flat 6 mod I referenced is a Cup Car.

10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ah ok.

11. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    So, after watching more than 4 hrs (did I really do that?) of finest GT3 Cup racing, is there anyone who can tell me how exactly these led's on the left and right of the motec display work? The more lights, the more lock (only front wheels?), but they also seem to show spinning wheels when accelerating!?

12. svaty

svaty Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I've got the same question as @Clausewitz . Does anyone know how these lights work and can explain it?

13. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    As I said in the Porsche GT3R thread, we will likely record the sounds of the Cup car and GT3R again, hopefully quite soon, and if I can acquire some specific audio equipment.
    I just want to say that what you hear in the game is exactly what you hear in the real car, but sadly this doesn't satisfy most of the players, so we will try to replace it with a better sound.

The Flat 6 mod you refer to is the "Flat 6 Series" by Enduracers modding team. It was initially released for rFactor and then ported to rFactor2. Though, their car is the 2010 Cup car (997 GT3 Cup), which is a totally different car from the our 2017 Porsche 991.2 Cup.
    But as I said above, while this sound is realistic, you're not the only one who don't like it so we will try to replace it with something better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. svaty

svaty Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    If it's really possible, we would be very grateful. How long these new recordings wouldn't be something unrealistic, artificial (even if it'll sound more "tasty"), because of its major edition. Mind that there are also people who like the current sounds, even if there are quite different than on, for example, onboards on YouTube. Realistic sounds > Artificial sounds.

15. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Don't speak for "us" please. I for one am happier with real sounds than with sounds adapted to match some GoPro videos on Youtube.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Krueger

Krueger Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but I love the sound of this car so I don't understand why you want change it.
    Sorry for my bad english ^^
    Anthony Monteil, pourquoi vouloir changer le son de la GT3 cup si il est déjà au plus près de la réalité? Juste parce-que certains voudraient le son qu'on entend sur les vidéo YouTube? Ben moi je ne suis pas d'accord avec ça. Si le son est comme ça dans la réalité alors on fais avec. Merci pour ton travail qui est vraiment excellent!!!!

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it's a sensitive topic, I know some people like the sounds as they are now, but on the other hand, there's a significant number of players who don't like them, so let's say that it needs some improvement at least.
    One sure thing, if there's some new sounds, they will still be the real ones, but with better sound quality and balance.
    The only way to get there is to record the cars again with a different recording setup and equipment, which I hope I'll be able to acquire in 2018.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    People who are happy tend not to post their joy, where as dissatisfied people thrive on promoting their dismay, even though 99% of them have never heard the thing in real life, only in dodgy Youtube video's. As for the "Transmission whine is 2 octaves higher than it should be" bunch just need to get a life! o_O

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    We’ll just for the record...I’m happy

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0