Problem Porsche 911 GT3 R too slow?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Pascal Herbig, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    It seems to mike like the Porsche 911 GT3 R is way too slow compared to other GT3 cars.

It has okay cornering speed but the speed on the straights is just horrible. Yesterday I drove a league race on Red Bull Ring and even with rear wing set to 0 I had no chance on the straights to attack other drivers as they just drove away from me.

Due to the lack of Topspeed I was probably losing about 1.0 to 1.5 seconds per lap compared to my potential.

Since I have the Steam Dashboard App running I have my pedal inputs on screen and it showed 100% throttle so that was all working properly.

Will the BoP be adjusted in the next update?

2. SaschaG

SaschaG Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Probably Red Bull Ring is not the best track for the Porsche, but nevertheless your estimation for your time lost on staights is a way off. I drove a small league race on Rad Bull Ring yesterday too and had a nice fight with a Porsche (I'm driving AMG GT3). Yes it is a little slower on straights but traction out of a slow corner is a lot better with the Porsche. In the end I managed to win against the Porsche. In Qualy we had a time difference of 0.259 sec (1:29.083 vs 1:29.342). So I guess your racing line is slower on corner exit compared to other drivers' racing lines.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    @Pascal Herbig
    Just took the next time the Corvette C7 or BMW M6. :(
    After that you gone love the Porsche and his Performance.

4. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yes, she's terribly slow ... Maybe not a car for you, or haven't found the limit of the car. I can't know. But once you know the car, she's fast AF. But not the easiest GT3 to drive.

upload_2018-3-26_14-16-59.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    The corner exit is not the problem. As a matter of fact at the very exit I am usually a bit quicker than my competition. It is once you get to 3rd or 4th gear that the Porsche just runs out of power and can't keep um anymore.

And as I said my wing was on 0 degrees!