Released PORSCHE 911 GT3 R

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewww... Ouch!

2. catr

catr Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    You mean the compressor/pump sound under braking? They got that right in both the Audi and the 911, although I agree it could be louder.

3. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    About the pump, we intentionally tried to find a balance so it's not too annyoing while driving, but it's true that it can be louder in real life. Also, don't forget that the camera audio compressors modify the cockpit sound balance a lot compared to what it is in real life ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Bandini

Bandini Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    This car... Love it!

5. catr

catr Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Don't do that! The people complaining about this are the same that are complaining that the ratios are wrong compared to real life. Basically they want it to be real, but their version of real is what they hear on youtube onboards. To make changes to the sounds at this stage, to make it more "real" would be very counter productive to what these people really want - realism.

I think the sounds are great, I love the pump-under-braking sound. Great work!

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That start looked like something from online races with half the grid going into "antistall" :D

7. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0

8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I love the loud transmission, it's just the differential I miss :D so no real need to record everything again ...from my point of view.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    But still, you're making the best sounds on the market, we complain on a very high level! With a differential layer it will be even better. There's always room for improvement even on this already high level. Luv you

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Ok I tested now the gt3 R on Nordschleife. I don't have your issues, I go with the gears I use with the other cars, as expected. Gears are a tiny bit shorter it seems but I don't have to shift in higher gears.

11. Dirk Bachmann

Dirk Bachmann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    110% Agree!!!

Theres only one Sound which could be better - DTM92 Omega Inboard.
    The "old" one of this car fit´s better for me , can´t describe it exatly - the old one has less high frequency screaming and takes a nice deep breath between the Gear Switches, exactly like it was in RL (felt) for thousands of Years :)

Hockenheim 1991

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    @Anthony Monteil
    For me the volume isn't the problem, it's more how it sounds. Just for clarification : you mean when I watch for example GT Masters in a propper TV broadcast, the onboard sound of the Porsche isn't accurate or lets say, what you would hear if you were sitting in it? No sarcasm, it's a serious question. I mean the transmission is very loud and dominant in TV broadcasts. It just doesn't sound so high pitched without any low frequencies, like if you were watching a fast forward replay.

13. JaBoG43

JaBoG43 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In the Flaken Video that has been discussed earlier, the car hits 171 kph after the last chicane on the Grand Prix track (in traffic) before going out onto the Nordschleife (without hitting the Rev limiter in 3rd gear).

In game I only get up to 167 kph and the engine gets damaged. So there has to be something wrong. And that is with a full tank of fuel.

It's not massively wrong but it's enough to not be able to drive in the gears they do in real life.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Porsche GT3 in the game and I don't think I will be driving any other GT3 car from now on.
    But it's a bit annoying because all the other GT3 Cars are perfect

14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i guess these small differences come from the R3E internal BOP of the cars.

15. MRaabe

MRaabe Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I tested the GT3 R yesterday evening on the NOS VLN, so if anybody is interested in my opinion, here it comes ;)

As a big Porsche fan, i have waited a long time for them coming to Raceroom.
    Unfortunately, i can't do more than 2 laps on VLN (around 16 minutes this is) with the GT3 R. The high frequencies of the car's sound at high RPMs give me a really bad headache after some minutes, especially at Döttinger Höhe. I tried to lower the volume of these frequencies in my sound driver, but that didn't really help. I guess it's not these high frequencies themselfes, other cars have them too. I think it's the high frequencies combined with the complete lack of any low frequencies at high RPMs.
    Soundwise, i have absolute trust in S3 and the guy who makes the sounds (sorry dude, just forgot your name =( ). All cars in the GTR3 lineup are as close as they can be, if you ask me. I'm not a racedriver or anything, i have never been in a GT3 car, but i could identify the cars by sound at the last VLN race this year (my first GT3 race i have ever been to) alone by playig Raceroom.
    What i want to say: It might be that the sound of the Porsche 911 GT3 R is as close to reality as possible, i just can't stand it without feeling sick really fast. Since i talked to some friends who also tried the car and none of them expressed something like this, i guess it's a personal problem of mine. I will just have to live with it and realize that the 911 GT3 R will not be my car in any race. But luckily, there are enough other cars available ;)

Second thing is, i hear some guys stating that the car is overperforming. I'm not sure if this is the complete truth.
    Yes, the car is fast, but in my opinion that comes from the car characteristics. I did 6 laps (with breaks, see above) in the Porsche yesterday on VLN and managed the same laptime i did with the C7 Corvette (8:04). It was just easier to accomplish than with the Corvette. The GT3 R is easy to handle, it's very stable and has a good amount of engine power. All in all, it's easy to drive, what makes the car fast for mediocre/average players like myself. But i'm pretty sure that a really good player can be faster with some other cars, it's just harder to do. After the Porsche hype has settled down a bit, i'm sure we will see faster laptimes on the leaderboards by highly skilled players with other cars. That's just speculation and my own personal opinion of course.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    What is that pumping sound?

17. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    @.OG Isaac It's the hydraulic pump for the gearbox (or something similar)

• Like Like x 1
  18. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I am experiencing the same problems with the Citroen WTCC. We forget that racers with earplugs and in a helmet.;)

19. MRaabe

MRaabe Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Strange enough, i have absolutely no issues with the Citroen WTCC. Must be a different frequency or something. I have no idea :-(

20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    You're lucky that it's not the brown tone :-D

I agree with you saying that it's not overpowered. My laptimes on 24h NOS is the same as with the other gt3s, also on other tracks I don't see better laptimes for me. I think it feels faster because you can attack corners really hard with that car.

• Agree Agree x 3