Released PORSCHE 911 GT3 R

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 19, 2017.

1. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Each person is unique, differently perceives the same sounds. I really like the sound GT3 R.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I was looking forward to the Porsche GT3 as it's my favorite car in PC2 by a mile. Yesterday I caved in and bought it on RaceRoom and must say that I'm slightly disappointed.

Is it just me or does it have massive on-throttle understeer? I can't accelerate out of any of the corners until I'm almost straight as, if I do, the car just pulls me off the track. None of the other GT3 cars exibit this behaviour so not sure if it's the car or some new physics. Corvette, on the other hand, is probably my favorite car in R3R now! Handling so well, looking cool and sounding even better!

3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    That's the nature of the rear engine. It is lighter on the front axle and more prone to understeer than cars with mid or front engines. If the differences in pc2 between mid, rear and front engine are so subtle, there's probably sth wrong with it.
    In the cup car it's even more noticeable because it has not really front aero but a big wing on the back. That makes it sometimes bounce on the front tyres.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Try to increase the rebound in front and rear damping.

5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    To get fast around the corners in the GT3 R you could drive faster into the corner, take a later apex so your car is already pointing more straight so you can go full throttle at the apex. If the apex is too early you have to lift throttle to compensate understeer. Apex should be the point where you can fully accelerate without getting off track or having to lift throttle again.
    But best way would be to compensate understeer in the setup.

6. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Guess it's finally time to learn a bit about setting cars up. Used to do it back in the LFS times but haven't bothered since, always drive with default setups (which probably aren't the best in games).

7. MRaabe

MRaabe Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Like @sbtm said, it's the nature of the beast ;)
    The RUF RT12R has the same characteristics, massive understeering out of the corners. It's what made the RUF a little bit special to drive. Like @sbtm said, move the apex to a later point in the corner and pedal to the metal out of it... takes some time to get used to ;)

8. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I don' find the Porsche too bad at all really. The default set up seems pretty good although the cup car has quite a bit more understeer but I find It really helps with rotating more around the corners. Blipping the throttle slightly as it understeers helos to settle it as well.
    Maybe pc uses more tc but you can bind a button in raceroom to help and maybe back it down the more you get used to it.
    Would also suggest lowering the wing as you get used to it as all the fast guys here tend to use 1-3 rather than the default which is 8+

9. catr

catr Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'm impressed with the default setup of the GT3 R, it's very neutral. The Porsches can be driven a bit more like a rally car than front engined cars, it also helps to blip the brake slightly just before fast corners. Setup wise, Porsches are traditionally set up with heaps of negative camber and more or less as much rake as possible.

10. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    More toe out on the rear helps also. It's also really interesting how the amount of fuel changes the balance of the car. It seems to me that because of more wheight at the front, the car is better in turning into the corner then with less fuel .

11. catr

catr Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    That's not very strange really, but a full tank will give better turn in. :) If I could wish for one more setup option in Raceroom, it would be tyre pressures. This has a way bigger effect than many think.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0

• Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Georg nice how you added the little rattling in the replay video :D will this be an option for us all in the replays?

14. catr

catr Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    BTW I read that @Anthony Monteil wrote on Racedepartment that Kunos got their Porsche license more or less for free. Why would that be? I can see the Italian connection between Kunos and Ferrari, but S3 sometimes seem very German in their affiliations and partnerships, even though they are a Swedish studio. Why would they have to pay more?

15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    @Anthony Monteil sorry to annoy you so much but what about recording the engine sound to get your samples when it's sitting in the pits with no gear engaged. I think they could press the throttle for you one or two times ^^ then you won't have transmission mixed into it. But i guess you already had this idea and it didn't work out for some reason.

16. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    In easy words: It was a business-transition between porsche and kunos. Kunos got a deal with porsche to build a sim for them and they made an agreement that the cars from that sim can be used in ac as well...

17. catr

catr Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    What sim did they build, Porsche's training sim?

18. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    More or less... afaik it is a porsche internal sim used for customers...

19. t5e

t5e New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    One of the engineers of the former LMP1 programme was „playing“ R3E in my rig today :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. OirishKev

OirishKev Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    They have a whole load of customer sim units they haul around the world for hospitality purposes. These are kitted out with Porsche seats and wheels

[​IMG]