Released PORSCHE 911 GT3 R

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 19, 2017.

1. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I wish I could understand German, that video looks interesting. I get some of it, being dutch. What's it about? About racecars?

2. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    He compare the Street version of the Porsche 911 and the raceversion. He and the other driver try to drive against each other and beat the laptime.

He explain how crazy the car nails the tarmac and how good the brake are and that you can shift in the corner. *brake in the corner. He say that this Car is like a Glove, it matches perfectly, its fast etc.

And the last one is the 911 RSR, and the hoster of the 911 RSR are pissed like hell that he spin this car two times
    Btw i miss the sound when shifting from neutral to the 1st gear in raceroom

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  3. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Exactly my face when im driving the Porsche :)

face.png face2.png

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    That was my feeling when I tested this GT3 for a few hours, it seems it can handle everything, even crazy lift-off/brake while turning at grip limit, even with wind set to 1. :eek: I had a good pace in MP races (at least for my level) with good consistency all over the race and so much fun. It was like I can't do a single mistake with this car, probably an illusion... :D

I'm so impatient to get back at home in a few days to continue discovering this thing. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Trust me, you can make mistakes with it (but you have to try a bit harder than other GTR3's) :p

6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I had a 2h race in multiplayer on 24h Nordschleife and was surprised I made a 8:25.707 in Qualifying. That's 7 seconds faster than with any GT3 car ever. Even race pace was at 8:29.
    And I just made very few setup changes.
    Was a pleasure to drive this car for two hours (unless the tires weren't worn), and I easily caught the other cars (but not on the straight). I think this is my new favourite.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
  8. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Simply Porsche.

9. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    R3E players are 10 seconds faster than IRL drivers. Do you think it's only related with the risks that a player can take cause it's only a game and to hit a wall at 200 Km/h is not really a problem when we have a "restart" key? :)

Can we see the IRL times for qualification session?

10. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Yes and no. When you see the times at the first attached links, they are set in April, where the track conditions (temps) are much different then in r3e. In the 3rd link they are set in May, where the track conditions much more like in raceroom, and there you see that the fastest lap is a 7:57:4. So its (just) 6 seconds slower...

I don`t know how the temps in raceroom but i deep remember sth about 32°C degree

11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    They are not. They just use reference tyres this year in vln to make laptimes slower. Last year they were faster and comparable to our Leaderboard.

The 24h Nordschleife record here is 8:14 I think and a 488 GT3 already achieved this time in reality. The non-alien times with 8:20 and up are perfectly comparable with raceroom too.

Last year's best on VLN was 7:53. This year's best in qualifying was 7:57 (due to tyre change)

But if they change tyres in reality to slow down the cars there's nothing we can do.

And afaik race drivers don't have the fear of hitting the wall because they're too much concentrated on the race. I heard race drivers say that in interviews.

12. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Yes I forgot to mention that R3E also uses different grip levels in leaderboard, practice, quali, races...
    So finally, with almost comparable tires and temperature, difference is only ~0.6%. That makes sense.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Thats exactly what they write in his article:
    "Zur Winterpause führte der DMSB einen Referenzreifen für die Kategorien SP9, SP Pro und SPX ein, um die Kurvengeschwindigkeiten zu vermindern und das Wettrüsten der Pneulieferanten einzudämmen. Diese Restriktion hat sich in der kombinierten Bestenliste aller neun Qualifikationen augenfällig niedergeschlagen. Stellte Walkenhorst Motorsport im vergangenen Jahr noch einen neuen Rundenrekord auf, misst der Abstand zum nunmehr Gesamtschnellsten über vier Sekunden."
    Translation:
    with start of the winterbrake, the DMSB introduce a new reference tire for the categories SP9, SP Pro, SPX, this tire reduce the cornerspeed and prevent a "arms race" between the tire manufactures. This restriction can be seen in all 9 combined Qualifications. Walkenhorst set a new Laprecord last year but they are more than 4 seconds slower this year (because of the different tires).

14. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    @ChatCureuil no thats not true, they changed it in the latest patch, now the grip levels are equal.

15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    What do you think where I got this from? :D:D

16. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Just knowledge ;)

17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Are equal among everything? So grip level in practice is equal to grip level in race?

18. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    You're wrong:
    Increased grip level in practice doesn't mean all grip levels are equals. ;) Or the patch note is wrong...

19. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    damn im get demencia. I thought sth like that, im take a research.

Edit: okay i mixed sth, sorry my mistake

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  20. Stonehard

Stonehard New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi there - and Happy New Year!
    And a big thank you so much for the Porsche's.
    - Question 1: Why is the Porsche GTR brake balance stopped at 50%?
    - Question 2: Why is the standard brake balance 65% on the CUP Carrera when it is not drivable above 48%?
    Just wondering, and since i did not get any answer from JF..