Released PORSCHE 911 GT3 R

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 19, 2017.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    21:05 CET now... come ooon alex and paul...

2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Paul broke his brakepedal with Aristotelis. Maybe his looking for some replacement.:p

3. sbarro3

sbarro3 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    on the straight you can see some vibrations of the whiper

4. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what I dislike more: The fact that I'm comparing jimmys video with real life footage although the car isn't released yet or the fact that the gear ratios ingame seem to be different from the real ones. For example he hits the rev limiter in 4th gear at 190 kph and in 5th at 230kph while in real life it is 4th gear ~210kph and 5th~250kph.
    God bless Falken Motorsports

Apart from this the car looks great but you can't judge about the sound cause the guy is constantly talking.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Where is the stream? Will it be later on YouTube?

6. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I hope it will sound as good as the real one. For me it seems that sounds starts to repeat and RaceRoom

7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    he's (jimmy) not even near the limiter at 190kph in 4th gear. the LEDs still don't even show up (not even the green ones). He's always short shifting. Same for the 5th gear. He's shifting at 230 with still having revs left.

In addition to that it could be that the cars running in the SP9 class at the 24h Nürburgring race are allowed to make changes to gear ratios or at least the final drive ratio. I mean, they're not running in an official GT3 class and there can be a different ruleset for SP9 class.

8. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    not to see it today:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. 2Lame2Aime

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Okay he's a bit short shifting but go to 1:45 in Jimmys vid ;) .. there the gear indicator has a red background already at 190 kph. Also the LEDs only show up to the end of the gear and then progress really fast... don't know how to say it in english >-<..
    About SP9... SP9 is for official GT3 cars. By changing something to the car which your not allowed to by GT3 regulations you have to enter in another class. For example SP8 like the Ford GT of Jürgen Alzen did sometimes.

10. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I LOVE YOU, the best class car is here !

11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i guess no stream tonight? :(

12. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

Sorry about this but the stream has been postponed I'm afraid :( Many apologies. We've had some difficulty with availability that prevents us going live tonight (not brake pedal related - that ones fixed :) ).

Hopefully going to hit it tomorrow at 8pm UK, however it remains provisional.

Sorry

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ok then please release the cars now sector3 as a consolation :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ok then what about this:

the raceroom internal BOP could have something to do with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    @2Lame2Aime Not sure that georges ment the Gears of the 911 - I guess it was about the livestream... ;)

About the Gears - I wouldn't be to picky with the gears... the gears of each GTR3-Car in Raceroom are part of the Overall-BoP of the cars... like in real life BoP, too. The current BoP is the first iteration after the Physics-Update and might be changed again if there are some indications that the BoP doesn't match... ATM I have the feeling that some cars might get minor tweeks in BoP with upcoming updates...

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    The gears are correct. He's just short shifting massively in this video most of the time. (The falken video)

Skip to 5:20 or so. This section would normally be taken in 5th which would put you at ~250 kmh. And he was doing that, except the toe from the BMW in front of him made him shift so he could save some fuel in the slipstream.

17. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    nice video ...

real life lap time: 8:40:00 min. | R3E leaderboard kids lap time > 8:20:00 min. http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=5095&car_class=class-1703 ... :mad:

18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Jan seyffarth said that a lap around N24 is usually around 8:20 in GT3 cars. my persoinal record is 8:32 or so in the callaway corvette on leaderboards.. i already achieved 8:27 in training.

19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
  20. 2Lame2Aime

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/new-physics-for-gt3-cars.9493/#post-134416
    I think Georg or Jan Seyfarth talked about gear ratios. Every manufaturer has to chose one setting which more or less has to fit every racetrack of the world, then the FIA tests the car. After that the BOP is done by changing engine power, fuel capacity, minimum ride height and car weight.
    But I think I shut up for now and wait till I had my hands on it:)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017