Released PORSCHE 911 GT3 R

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Gogui96

Gogui96 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I think that the GT3 R sound complains are for the gearbox sound, or at least it's my case. The GT3 R has a extremely characteristic gearbox sound, and in R3E i don't feel that part accurate as usual.

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    yeah, on downshifts it sounds like the M6 GT3's gearbox. my only complaint (so far)

3. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I think the gear ratios complains come from sound, too. If you don't look on the rev indicators the car sounds like the engine is dying at the end of the gear so people like jimmy broadbent in his preview shift to early and think the ratios are off. I thought so to at the beginning till I tested how far you can go with revs and engine sounding like falling into peaces

4. JaBoG43

JaBoG43 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When you exit the last chicane on the Grand Prix track you stay in 3rd gear in real life before entering the Nordschleife. I have to shift into 4th in the game.

When approaching the first corner on the Nordschleife you stay in 2nd gear in real life but you have to shift up to 3rd in the game.

The section from Eschbach, through Brünnchen and all the way to the Eiskurve is 3rd gear in the real car. In the game you have to be one gear higher.

At lest the first 4 gears are off!

5. JaBoG43

JaBoG43 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No I don't shift up to early. Already blew an engine in practice because I tried to stay in the right gear (like the real car)

6. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    A "geary" sound that does NOT correspond to rpm but to speed is most probably not the gear itself, but the differential. I don't know if RaceRoom has a dedicated sound for the differential. Maybe @Anthony Monteil could elaborate on this. But to be honest, if I'm right to believe that the sound of the Porsches was recorded by the man himself, we should be pretty confident that he wouldn't miss any major sound, unless there is a good reason for it.

By the way, anybody remember the infamous BMW of Rolf van Os? :D

7. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    the gear ratio is correct. just you drive faster than in life, there is no risk of crashing. and slightly more grip in Raceroom. and you are exactly talking about gt3 r, not gt3 cup?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  8. JaBoG43

JaBoG43 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No. Even when you get a bad exit at the beginning of Brünchen you hit the Rev limiter far to hard in 3rd gear on the way up the hill.
    The same between Wehrseifen and Breitscheid. It's flat out in the real car but I have to shift up to 5th gear in order to not wreck the engine.

9. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    #153 post - onboard video. speed on the gears completely match the car in Raceroom. the reasons for which you are driving faster on the same segments - downforce setup, wind (in real life), the amount of fuel.

10. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    nice to pay for a RUF with just a different livery !
    :)

• Dislike Dislike x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Clonedemned

Clonedemned Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    And troll strikes again...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    the thruth hurts

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0

Did some cold tire laps in Zandvoort.

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  14. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Embarrassing post.
    If you don't even feel the difference between the old RUF and the new Porsches then you better spend your time playing Tetris or something else as sim racing obviously doesn't seem to be your thing. Everyone could have their opinion about the quality of the new cars but to say it's a RUF with new skins just shows that you're a clueless troll.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    @Anthony Monteil I have one question about the sound. It's pretty damn close to reality but one thing is missing: the whining of the differential gears. You know this constant whining that pitches higher when you drive faster and is not related to the engine rpm like the gearbox.
    The BMW M3 GT2 in raceroom has exactly this sound. At least it sounds like it has it.
    But the gt3 cars (I guess all of them? Didn't check) don't have this sound despite some (or most? Idk) have this in reality. Is it possible to add it like in the M3?

Amg gt3 has the same problem, the 650s too etc.... :p

Edit: the Ruf rt12r GT2 also has the correct whining sound. I think the callaway corvette is also correct although it doesn't pitch so much, but the pitch is audible.
    Rt12r gt3 has it too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Bentley has exactly opposite problem as far as i remember. There engine seems to be a bit to quiet.
    Also, shouldn't that pump sound during downshifts be a bit louder? Same with Audi.

Different story is, that we're comparing onboards recorded with fairly low quality microphones

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    do not pay. drive a Ruf. Only do not forget to make a ffb on the 200. How do you like ;)

18. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely. Bentley sound is a pity.

19. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0

We currently don't have a separate layer for the differential sound, but we could look into adding it. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  20. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    To summarize and answer some of the complains I read about the GT3R and the new Porsche sounds in general :
    Right now, the three ingame Porsche sounds are totally accurate with the recordings we made in Paul Ricard circuit.
    On these recordings, the transmission whine was very loud, because it's very loud in the real cars aswell (especially in 2017 models).
    This is not as obvious on the Youtube onboard videos because the camera audio compression is muting it a lot in order to balance each sound in the cockpit. This doesn't happen with a classic audio recorder, therefore the whine is dominating on the recordings, and in the game aswell, as the engine sound was directly sampled from the recordings.
    We have currently no way to decrease the volume of this transmission whine in the game, as it's embedded in the engine samples.
    And also, it's a perfect replica of what happens in the car in real life.
    Though, as it seems to disturb a large part of the players, we will look into recording the GT3R and GT3 Cup audio again, and this time with a different microphone setup so we can split the transmission whine and the engine sound and balance them better in the game.
    Please accept my apologizes for the inconvenience in the meantime.
    Stay tuned for the future improvements and have a great Christmas ! ;)

• Like x 11
    • Love it! x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Wonderful x 1