Bug Porsche 934 sound & Bathrust termac numbers

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Arcson, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    1. I'd like to report a sound bug regarding Porsche 934 @Anthony Monteil may be probably interested in. I believe its gonna be easy to reproduce as it seems to happen every time I take 934 on a ride. To be more specific though it was Brno GP and Bathrust I experienced these sharp sound samples transitions. It happens only as the revs are increasing. I'm sorry for the bad video quality and lack of editing, but its the sound that matters the most:

2. Also there is a little graphical bug in Bathrust I found while making my video for the contest back in July. I really needed number 23 hidden somewhere on the termac for a nice shot, but well... :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  2. zorak

zorak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad its not just me experiencing this sound bug in the 934. I reported it to Anthony in another thread 2 weeks ago but he said he couldn't reproduce it. Hopefully the video you have supplied helps.

BTW it does it for me at very track and pretty much makes the car undriveable for me its so annoying.

3. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Today I experienced something quite alike with Formula JR on GellerĂ¥sen. Happens while accelerating on 2nd gear in my case. It wasnt like this out of the box - I made a couple of laps before I noticed it

4. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I'll look into the FRJ problem, but it never happened before so I really wonder what could have changed and caused this.

Were you using manual shifting and clutch or automatic ?

5. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    That's a rusty bathtub, right ? ;)
    No offense, some typos are just funny...

7. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Haha, I seem to have been way too much confident about spelling this track name properly :D Well, lesson learned!

8. zorak

zorak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi any update on this bug? Sadly the 934 is still undriveable for me due to this

9. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I thought it was a software update to my steel series headphones causing this, at least I know it's the game now, happens in all the cars I tried.

10. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Sadly, the 934 and FRJ sound issues still can't be reproduced here. I really don't understand what happens here, sorry guys :(

11. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Also, it really looks like you're the only ones having this issue with these cars. Or does anyone else get it too ?

I'm really wondering if
    it could be a game update problem, like some missing physics or sound files, or not properly updated. This is the only thing that could cause such an issue in my opinion.

12. hilbert

hilbert New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I hope it's now frowned upon to revive an oldish thread. I have the same bug as Arcson. There are sharp sound sample transitions in the 934 on every track I tried. I can have up to 3 sound "shift" from 3k to 5k. I play manual with an H-shifter, but I tested it in manual+autoclutch mode and even in automatic mode and it does the same. I also tested the FJR and I'm experiencing the same bug (it's less pronounced than the 934 but it's still there).

I uninstalled the game, deleted the /documents/.../raceroom folder and reinstalled the game but the bug is still there.

To be honest, my video capturing skills are not up there, but a quick search on youtube revealed some 934 videos that reproduce the bug (especially in the newer videos). Ex:

13. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I think I found the cause of the issue. I've fixed it in Dev and it should be available very soon in the public game.

Actually, it's because of some old drivetrain oscillation entries that are supposed to be ignored since the new drivetrain oscillation system, but for some reason, they're not, so I simply removed them from both 934 and FRJ files.

Sorry for the time it took to understand it, but it was just too unlogical ;)

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  14. hilbert

hilbert New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great news ! 934 is one of my favorite.

Thanks Anthony. Happy new year !