Released PORSCHE 934 Turbo RSR (Group 4)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Dec 19, 2018.

1. augustkekule

augustkekule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    The 934 had a lot of lift in reality , so my advice for you would be to keep the car always under load and if the tail wants to step out to increase the amount of throttle applied combined with smooth counter-steering. It takes some time to get used to it but those old Porsches have to be driven this way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Im sorry that i dig up that old thread, but i have to say that.

Today i drove the 934 for the first time with interest. Did one or two laps in december, but due to the lack of my simrig, i could only use my old DFGT. Today i finished my Rig and everything was in position, so i wanted to drive an H-shifter.

Decided to let the new porsches alone and drive that old beasty turbolagging monster of a group 4 car, which i heard many of- on nords tourist in VR, what else.

I expected a nightmare of failures and curses. Started mildly hammered the throttle first time before Flugplatz, survived it. Hammerd it again followed with a near-death experience before the uphill at Aremberg, miraculously managed to catch it, survived Aremberg. Prayed to god down the Fuchsröhre, but somehow i managed to save that beautiful car up to Pflanzgarten II, then i chrashed it, that little jump killed me. But i was addicted, i got a feeling for that car.

Second Lap was clean and a 7:58. Third lap was clean - 7:40. In the end i did not manage today to get under 7:30, but for the first time in simracing in feel somehow "connected" to a car. In comparison 3 out of 4 laps i fail to deliver a laptime in GT3 cars on nords, due to overdriving them. The Porsche tells me what he is capable of. I still have to get used to the brakes, but in terms of handling its like i drove it all day.

In the end: Thanks S3S. Thanks for that beautiful piece of bit and bytes. I think its a masterpiece. You nailed it.

(And my wife thinks i am crazy and posessed, bc of my horrifying laughters, giggeling and shouts of triumph under the rift)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    If people ask me in future what the difference is between a racing game and a sim racing game, I will just tell them to drive the 934. :grinning:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    But only if they have H-shifter and clutch. The best thing i didnt mention - that sound when you are heel and toeing. Such a rewarding feeling. But i doubt "gaming-people" are used to geel and toe:grimacing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    This became a new favourite,its hard to imagine how engaging this car is If you don't try it.Frustration followed by gratification with small breaks of dread,such a rollercoaster!
    A true gem,thanks and gratz S3 :hearteyecat:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 2