Released PORSCHE Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 18, 2017.

1. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I only tested each since I will be gone for Christmas and won't be able to race, but the GT4 and Cup Car are a handful to drive and will take some time to get smooth. I agree with Hygge above, the interior on the GT4 has an added level of sparkle.

As of now, it looks as if the GT4 is in its own class, but I hope it doesn't stay that way. Whenever the XBow and other GT4s arrive, it would be nice to have them all in a class together. The licenses already exist so a great lineup can be made (McLaren GT4, BMW M4 GT4, Mustang GT4, Camaro GT4, and the AMG GT4). Even better could be a mixed class VLN group!

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Once more - Cayman GT4 Clubsport is not a GT4-spec car. Same as 911 GT3 Cup is not GT3-Spec car

Yeah, blame Porsche for that

3. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    You are correct, but the MR spec is...very few mods are needed to get to Clubsport spec.

4. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Most series around the world allow the clubsport to run with "true" GT4s anyways

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp - the car we have in the game at the moment is Version straight from porsche and based on the Roadcar called "Porsche Cayman GT4".
    The idea behind that roadcar is similar to the Porsche 911 GT3 (roadcar) - lightweight, powerfull engine and some racecar-ingredients - just applied on that smaller car.
    The Clubsport-Version of it is just a Racetrack-Ready version from that roadcar - similar to the M235i from BMW.
    https://www.porsche.com/germany/spo...stomerracing/racingcars/cayman-gt4-clubsport/

If you want the Cayman GT4 clubsport to be a real FIA GT4-Car, you need to order a package from Manthey Racing that will be added to the clubsport base-car. With that package you get a homologation for FIA GT4. The changes aren't that big - focus is on Suspension, lightweight, Safety-features and bigger + adjustable Rearwing.

https://www.manthey-racing.de/KTLG_2016_11_MR_SOND_981GT4CSMR_Brochure-Porsche-GT4-Clubsport-MR.pdf

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gernot B.

Gernot B. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    It would be great too, if we had the Toyota GT86 in the lineup...for the GT4 Class and the TMG GT86 Cup in the VLN.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    This is one of the two cars I've not bought in R3R. As pretty as it is I find it absolutely impossible to drive with a gamepad. Keep spinning out when turning or breaking.

8. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Mmh, can't confirm that. I'm quite comfy with the Cayman and gamepad (Logitech Wireless) only thing to avoid is lift off oversteer. Maybe your controller settings are a bit off, have a look at this: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/a-beginners-guide-to-gamepads.9250/

For me it was the Cup 911 which was a bit tricky to get used to, when I first drove it in the store I thought:"Jeeeeez, I'm never going to buy this car, locking brakes all the time, understeer, oversteer." It was just horrible. But I kept going and after some more laps it got better and better and eventually I couldn't resist buying it...;)

• Like Like x 4
  9. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    This car is had to drive real quick.. I keep spinning out!

Any ideas on setup changes to make it more managable? :p It's such a fun car I can't wait to make it just that tiny bit better handling

10. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if there's a better setup, maybe with softer rear suspension/ARB (or harder front one). But on the driving side you have to avoid throttle lift-off while turning, at least for a certain adaptation period. You can also maintain a bit of throttle while braking in turns, like with WTCC cars.

• Like Like x 2
  11. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    more smooth operation with gas and brake. Do not brake harshly on corner entry, control the balance of the car. This car is very similar to WTCC 16-17, only the rear-wheel drive. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Most settings on this car are either locked or very limited in range and so in effect.

What really made the car a lot more stable for me was to increase camber at the rear and decrease camber at the front.

Still you just need to get used to the amount of lift off oversteer. But it got a whole lot less extreme and more controllable with the camber settings I described.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it's the liftoff oversteer that's bothering me on some track's corners. I'll test the camber settings next time I dive in ;) (probably in a few minutes again haha)

14. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    And that's why I love this Cayman so much. ^^ But I hate WTCC cars that have the same behavior cause the car balance doesn't work the same way (FWD).

15. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I've been driving it all day! It's my new favourite car. Some great tracks for it are the Hungaroring, Mid Ohio and Slovakia ring.

so much fun, and one of the coolest cockpits as well.

16. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    @.OG Isaac Haha I drove this 3 Porsche only one day before to go for Christmas vacations, but like you it was almost the whole day on this Cayman and after struggling hard it was becoming my preferred R3E car at the end of day. :D
    I also recommend driving it on the Nordschleife. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Ooh, the nordschleife. I haven't used it on that track yet, only been driving smaller ones. I'll try it today!

• Like Like x 1
  18. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    The cayman is excellent , physics, sound, interior, feeling, at nordschleife is a pleasure.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Stiffer suspension helps a lot to make it less wobbly for a good Porsche-Feeling:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Hold the throttle very slightly when braking. Only a few percent, but it helped me get a better control of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1