Released PORSCHE DLC#1

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 21, 2017.

1. OirishKev

OirishKev Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I've been fortunate to be around these cars in real life.
    1. The RSR sounds just like the real thing. Leave it alone. It's perfect!!! Well done!
    2. NEVER apologise!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    problem here is that there is no RSR in R3E :D

3. OirishKev

OirishKev Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Forgive me - I meant GT3 R - Smartypants ;)

[​IMG]

4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Surely this is not about which sounds best (it is RR by the way) but it's about what sounds true to real life, when real race drivers are involved in the making of and the real cars have been mic'd up with professional audio recorders, then thrown into a pot and finally, our own pied piper, Anthony Monteil shakes some Pixie dust over it and voila, you have the best sounds in Sim racing and if still, you don't agree, you at least have the most accurate sounds in Sim racing. Either way, wouldn't have it any other way!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Still doesn’t change the fact no single 911 GT3 Cup car leaves the factory with ABS system. It’s still a retrofitted system when allowed and differences between national Cup series and the international Porsche Mobil1 Supercup can be expected.

The Mobil1 Supercup gives away some interesting hints about ABS. See 2.4 from Technical Regulations.

https://files.porsche.com/filestore...e7-8503-0019999cd470/Download-Regulations.pdf

6. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    This proves that the abs is established according to the rules of the championship. The AC offers a correct GT3 CUP. You participate in the Italian Championships, for example :) You can turn it off, and you're in Mobil1 Supercup

• Like Like x 1
  7. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Well, not that simple. If you read the regulations, only cableboom and center console switch are allowed to stay in place. Everything else have to be removed or replaced by the allowed parts. And even the ABS parts which are allowed to stay in place are very limited. Two cablebooms and one center console control unit from Manthey Racing are allowed. And if AC would simulates according Italian national Cup regulations it would indeed be right. But it’s presented as Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017. Which would require it to be factory default. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Yes it's Porsche GT3 CUP, with the possibility of homologation for different championships. According to the factory specification. ABS selectable. All honest.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget that the Cup used in R3E, is the one of 2017, which has only been used in Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland and Mobil 1 Supercup, where ABS is forbidden.
    So, maybe that's a reason why you don't have ABS.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    The first part: yes, the second part: no. ABS can be retrofitted according to regulations of other championships outside Porsche Mobil1 Supercup. The bare basics are installed by default to make retrofitting ABS possible. But ABS isn’t a factory selectable driving aid. It isn’t even available as a Porsche factory option. You always have to buy a third party system. And as stated by Porsche: Costumers bear sole responsibility for complying with regulations applicable to themselves and their vehicle.

Source of information below included the main important parts.

Brake system
    Derivative sensors and harness for retrofitting an ABS system

Conformity with regulations
    Customers bear sole responsibility for complying with regulations applicable to themselves and their vehicle.

Aftersales packages from Porsche Motorsport
    Exhaust system:
    – pre-silencer
    – open tailpipes Endurance fuel tank upgrade
    Fuel tank top plate with adapters for closed circuit fuel handling External digital engine oil level display
    Engine oil quick refill
    Passenger seat for taxi rides
    Auxiliary weight plates for car weight balancing
    Window safety net in compliance with the latest FIA safety regulations Centre safety net in compliance with the latest FIA safety regulations Cockpit illumination
    Start number illumination
    Heated windscreen
    Suspension travel sensor package
    External charging cable
    Power supply extension (connecting additional consumers)
    Available at COSWORTH Electronics:
    COSWORTH ICD display upgrade for endurance races

From: https://files.porsche.com/filestore...9999cd470/911-GT3-Cup-Vehicle-description.pdf

11. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I have already read all this. It does not change the essence, cars with abs is legal and available for championships (Italian for example). R3E, AC - correct GT3 CUP.

12. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    It does not change the essence that a factory standard Porsche 911GT3 Cup is not equiped with ABS.

When you read the whole information section at Assetta Corsa for the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 it’s even become strange that they have put ABS available and even more so to have it enabled by default. Quote: “The new 911 GT3 Cup will be used in the 2017 race season, initially exclusively in the Porsche Mobil1 Supercup and in the Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland, as well as in North America.”

Really nowhere is there any mention of their iteration being based on any other championship and the two championships mentioned the use of ABS is forbidden. According to their own provided information they should have stick it to the factory standard. Which should always be prevalent. Which I said earlier and will always say.

So now it’s debunked and it’s clear that AC didn’t stick it to factory default and thus is not truthful (for that ABS should at least be disabled by default, and imo shouldn’t be available), we again can praise R3E for it’s most truthful iteration of the 911 GT3 Cup car ;).

Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Ok Kunos made a mistake, like so often.... but hell... happens to the best ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Took a bit to get the hang of the Cup car, but enjoyable albeit a lot of work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    It’s indeed a handful of car to handle, but the reward is so great! :cool:

16. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Caymen is very tough for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You are waaaay overthinking this.

AC gives you the option of using ABS because their car is more generic and not based on a specific series. And the PCC will run all over the world and each series has different regulations, where some will allow for ABS.

That, and we are playing a game...

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't say anywhere that the Porsche Cup series in RR is intended to mimic any existing real life series (like the Supercup or the Italian Porsche Cup), so I tend to think of it as the "Raceroom Porsche 911 GT3 Cup" series, whose organiser (S3/RR) decided that ABS is prohibited. :)

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  19. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    That I can’t disagree with. ;)
    But sometimes it’s just fun to sort out these kind of things. Saw a funny German expression some time ago which apply to my earlier posts: korinthenkacker. :p
    That’s for sure. It may appear I’m quite salty about AC and PC2 because of their own interpretations which not always reflects its real life counterparts, again AC in a small degree but PC2 in a significant degree. But truth of a matter is: I enjoy them all. Though most of my hours are spend on R3E (and ETS, and now ATS since I bought it on Steam winter sale). :)

20. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    :unamused::nomouth: