News Porsche is coming to RaceRoom!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No reason to regret anything, at least we're talking about the car and not triple screens or rainycorns. ;)

I just want to understand what you guys mean because if there is anything that has been overlooked so far then we could report that and get it looked at before the thing is released. So I hope it's clear that I'm not taking offense by you saying sth sounds wrong to you in that vid.
    The reason I'm asking for your references is that the new cup car is exclusively driven in this years Mobil 1 Supercup and Carrera Cup Deutschland. So from my pov it doesn't make much sense to compare to any other series or older videos because imo it does make a difference. Not a huge one, like you said, it's still a flat-six, but an noticable one nonetheless.

I think I get what you mean now, it sounds like you can make out individual pitch levels between which it seems to jump rather than make a smooth transition, ist that it? I think what you're hearing overpronounced in that bit at -7:24 is the engine and transmission sounds overlaying in a weird way, which might raise the impression of what you describe. But I guess I'm hearing it differently due to the fact that I've already heard it live in-game (no commentary, no data compression etc.). Also not sure if hearing it in spectator mode might have an influence.

That being said, of course Anthony will continue to work on the sounds to make them as good as possible. From my experience they already are very good, my only complaint at the moment would be that I think the transmission could sound a bit grainier.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    :D
    Well, Idk if it's down to an unfortunate chain of events (there's nothing unfortunate or unusual in shifting down) but like I said, me not hearing it the way you guys do could be caused by those factors I mentioned.
    That "you" was meant in a plural sense, not directed at you or anybody else individually. Feel free to not feel addressed by that. ;)

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    jesus christ... communicating in the internet is so complicated nowadays.. :eek::D

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. jeffers

jeffers New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Sounds a bit off to me as well, also seems off in comparison to the iRacing version. However it's still a WIP and I'm sure progress will be made in an area where this sim excels.

6. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    To be fair, there's something with the sounds on the spectator clients, it doesn't play it all correct. This is something to be looked into. You'll be seeing in-game footage soon enough ;-)

Was there any feedback coming back from the expo of what they thought of the handling?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    i was at the fair on saturday and had driven the porsche.
    due to other equipment in the raceroom cafe heavy to judge but the car is really fun ;)

8. Julien Frinaire

Julien Frinaire Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    @Christoph : good to hear that :) I am still optimistic.

9. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    the porsche is definitely implemented well.
    i have driven several times the porsche a 10 minutes ;)
    i'm looking forward to the release :)

10. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Thank you! ;-)

12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    A new physics guy, eh? Well, what the video has to say, sounds very promising. A bit more dynamic behaviour in the RR car physics certainly could not hurt. If the Porsche release proves to deliver what the RD editor describes, maybe we can get these new physics for other popular cars classes in Raceroom too?!

Just raise the changes carefully. Evolkution, no revolution. Its not as if the physics as they are now, are "bad"., They are not. They could just be tuned to be more agile, dynamic, vivid, alive a bit. Compared to AC, the cars in RR usually have very much more grip and linearity in their reactions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I just saw that video, Paul Jeffrey is mentioning a new physics engineer at RR? News are always interesting while we are waiting for thinks to come :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Who cares?
    They all drive in the same manner.

According to what PCars 2 offers now they have to put their butt in all of their model and update them to make it behaves like they should. They all behave in the same way (same thing in IRacing or AC).

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Actually, ^ that is not true, one could as well say that apples and oranges are the same since both are round. The range of characteristic difference in AC's GT3 cars, as one example, is wider and allows more differentiation between cars, than in RR, where all GT3 cars indeed show a tendency to be more uniform in individual behaviour. But to say "they all drive the same anyway" is a bit too blunt a knife as if it could cut anything.

Differentiations in car behaviour is good, since it is what sets cars in simas apart. Most of us have no idea from RL experience whether a M6 GT3 car indeed drives the way a sim depicts it. What is interesting to us is that it drives differently to other cars of its class, and if these differences match descriptions of how it is different in reality for other cars as well then we have a good sim at hand.

The reason why I really listened up to that video is because i always wondered whether the cars in Raceroom intentionally have been created with less characteristic differences, maybe to appeal to a gretaer audience by keeping them more easy to drive, or whether the physics engine did not allow more subtle characterisation of a car'S typical behaviour in the ways it obeys the physics. If they now have a guy adding more such dynamics to a new car without injecting a complete new physics engine into the sim, then this means that the physics so far have been under-done and the engine is capable of more than what we have seen so far. That spells promises - and demands - for the future, mjam-mjam!

I really look forward to try out this Porsche and see for myself, whether it is real improvment, or just talking. Let time pass fast!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. metaboli176

metaboli176 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Porsche is comining. When? 2025???

17. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    That new guy has already worked on the M235i physics from what I heard. And, based on my experience with the M2, I'm really looking forward to driving the 911('s?)

18. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, I'm reading alot about PCars2 as I really like the Content they have and I might want to give it a try, but was very very disappointed with PCars1. So regarding to the feedback I get so far, differtiation between the cars seems not to be the strenght of PCars2. So I really wonder a bit.

19. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Whoever you heard this from is not well informed :)

20. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    But it is. I disliked PCars 1 due to poor physic.

PCars 2 totally changed the game and actually is unique, way better than anything else.
    All other games have to align themself now.

• Funny x 6
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1