News Porsche is coming to RaceRoom!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Ian?

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Not at all.o_O

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    This is what I'm starting to feel about RRE lately. The more hours I put in RRE (and I've been driving it a lot the last few weeks) the more I think that, while the physics are very good indeed, something seems to be missing when comparing with AC, AMS and RF2 (but it's not like those games have perfect physics either).

If I made an effort to describe it, I would say that, at every given moment when driving RRE, it feels like there are less forces acting upon the car and tires, when comparing the same moment with AC, AMS or RF2. Things in RRE can sometimes feel a bit too simple and planted... the word "artificial" comes to mind once in a while, although all sims are artificial by nature so it's probably not the right word to use, but what I mean is that RRE sometimes is lacking on that dynamic feel of driving a "real" physical car on a "real" physical surface, that you can often get with some other sims

On the good side, no other sim gives me the same feeling of "the tires on this car are actually made of rubber" quite as well as RRE does. Plus, the FWD cars are amazing and the FBB is probably my favorite on the current sims, so, like in every other title, there are good and bad things to be found, and although I have my issues with RRE I wouldn't be spending so much time (and money) on it if I didn't liked it overall :)

Anyway, I'm just a "couch" sim racer with no real-world experience so my thoughts on physics are kinda worthless and not to be taken seriously. Sector 3 seems to be doing a great job of getting actual drivers testing the cars and provide them with actually useful and knowledge/experience-based feedback, so I trust that things will keep on improving based on that :)
    I'm extremely curious about this Porsche now, even more for the possible physics improvements that may come with it.

Edit: May have been a little unfair with some of the things I said in the second paragraph... after posting this I fired up the game and did some hotlaps on the FRJ and X-Bow, and the physics on those two cars feel great and not any worse than any of the other big sims, so yeah... it varies a lot per car (which is a problem in itself), but the potential for greatness is there and I can't wait to see how much better the Porsche will be!

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  5. Tjello

Tjello New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FFB in RRE is one of the best if not the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Might be true, but it highly depends your ffb settings. I'm constantly tweaking my settings. It's not only the setup of the car that makes you fast, the right ffb is as important as the setup. I wish one easily duplicate controller profiles in the game.

7. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    This is not wrong!

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    You can :
    - go in directory F:\Mes_Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
    (replace F:\Mes_Documents by your Windows Documents location),
    - copy/paste the file corresponding to the profile you want to duplicate,
    - open it in a text editor and rename the profile on the first line: Name="The name here",
    - and eventually rename the file with the same name to make things clear. :)

I think you need to restart the game to see the new profile.

OK it could be easier... :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  9. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Perfect explanation of the procedure!

but that's not "in game" :)

10. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    When I read well, there are only 9 Porsche's in Raceroom.

Is this an addition to the GTR3? race cars.

Or is this its own mod? if there are only 9 Porsche's, I do not see this as a full-fledged mod to compete as a championship then.
    What's the addition of GTR3 or own mod?

11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Are you referring to GTR3 the game? GTR3 the game has nothing to do with RaceRoom, as it is entirely separate.

So far, I think all we know about Porsche is that the Carrera Cup is in development. Not sure what other Porsche's are going to be released, but hopefully some interesting cars come out :)

Perhaps those tracks were in developement before Porsche was announced. Perhaps the approval process for the Porsche's is taking a long time. Perhaps they want to release more than 1. Perhaps they want to perfect them. Perhaps car physics take a long time to get right. Perhaps other obligations and priorities are being worked on. Perhaps...

Im sure the devs will want to release them as soon as possible since it is a pretty big brand and will probably be pretty popular.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    WOW! :rolleyes:
    So you say that all cars, tracks and features have been done since 2013, the devs just holding it all back in a marketing strategy??!!... . LOL, are you some kind of an expert conspiracy theorist? (Not a good one I can tell)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    It depends on what you mean by done, of course. Having a model with non approved non final textures along with not finished physics etc. etc. then yes. They're done and we can release them.

We aim to release finished cars with approved textures and proper physics though. It's just marketing strategy.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Wait, are you saying that you have all 9 models ready?:eek: :D

(Your new name confuses me. :D)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    *Deleted : wrong thread* :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  16. RacingSym

RacingSym Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    You did a awesome Job until now. Pls dont start that EA thing. If you do give is grey brew textured tree wheeler race cars. Oh and a real dmg physics would be great. All cars Are driving battletanks:D is there and date, when Posche will released?

17. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    You get what you pay for.

Goodbye and good luck.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, you are right. The costs of single products are too high. You don’t buy the premium pack, if you aren't interested in WTCC or DTM stuff, so track and car packs are good solutions. Example: GT3 car pack = 15 cars for 20 €. It’s a fair price. … Do the same like me, and wait for the pack updates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. TodlichesKraut

TodlichesKraut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I'm ready to give up on the RUF and move to the real thing lol!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Won‘t take long and he‘ll whine on the SMS forums that their monthly DLCs are too expensive and a marketing tool *yawn* ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1