News Porsche is coming to RaceRoom!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jul 22, 2017.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    ...and the game is full of bugs and wasn't tested properly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    The question is, why are you asking? You‘re not going to buy them anyway

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    So why the heck you bought the expensive Premium Pack? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    @Koly
    I really understand your point.
    Even AssetoCorsa looks attractive, from a monetary point of view. And it keeps getting more attractive,
    since buying all content seems to be an inflationary thing here

5. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I know this is getting off-topic, but I do somewhat agree with Koly about Raceroom's business model. It's almost specifically designed to make people question themselves way too much before reaching for their wallets, which stilts growth and makes business flow like thick sludge trough a clogged drain.

In order to get the full game you're paying a fixed price for an ever moving target of not-cheap content (compared with most other current sims)... so most people keep on waiting until they can get an even better deal, knowing that once they hit the trigger, that's it, basically full price for everything else. And so, many choose to spend their money on other sims where you pay a fixed price for a fixed content, so it doesn't make as much sense to wait on them as it does for RR.

I believe that most (but not all) issues with RR business model could be solved if they made it so that anyone who buys the Premium pack also gets a big discount in all future purchases. Like a "soft" season pass. Once someone has spent +100€ on your game you should then somewhat lessen (didn't say stop) the focus on squeezing even more money out of them and instead go after those who have spent 0€ and are instead buying other products in the same market. I'm not an expert (far from it) but this seems to me like a better business model, instead of the alternative, which will most probably lead to atrophy. Specially in a growing market with several tasty options fighting for your attention.

Sorry for the rant, but looking at the steadily poor number of players that RR has maintained since it began I get worried. Even UE4, Porches and the new MP system might not be enough to change things with a business model like this. Sincerely hope I'm wrong.

/Rant over
    I'll go back to my excitement over all the new goodies S3 is working on for us :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    We can go business-models back and forth but it wouldn‘t change a thing. The development that R3E has gone in a good direction. The three packs that are introduced are a good oportunity for new players of the game.

@David Peres you named it pretty good IMO. R3E is an ever moving Target. A point that simply must be considered is, that there is one Raceroom and not any successor incoming. So as actually with pcars happend and with assetto corsa already announced - there is no way to sell the same content twice (and more).

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    It‘s your future I guess ;) until pCars 3 is getting released and you pay for everything again for little changes...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Keyword here is „players“. While Raceroom serves simmers.

And my oh my this ever reoccuring whine about how expensive content is. People use sim rigs and wheels in high 3 digit amounts, but complain about 2,79€ for a DLC. The flightsimming community just laughs about this. All my R3E content, and I have it all, still cost less than several single (!) add ons for a flight sim. So get over it - quality has a price. Don‘t like, don‘t buy it - easy as that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thats not fair.

Changes from PC1 to PC2 are only in the first view little.

After playing it a couple of ours, everyone should see the improvements. I did a Vintage Indy race today in Indy (Oculus). What a blast. Realy: Yelling about PC 2 is not the right way. It offers a lot imho.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    You're right about that, I just worry that the current model is cutting the legs of a possible higher success that Raceroom could possible achieve... it certainly has the quality for it.

Buying the Premium pack was one of the most painful buying experiences I've had with a game. I played RR for about 120 hours with the free content before I finally gave in and bought the whole thing. But even while I was buying it I had to fight my inner thoughts saying "no, don't buy it yet... just wait a bit more for that one car and track they have announced, and that one feature... if you buy it now in a few months you'll have to spend the same amount of money you're spending now just to buy all the extra content they'll release till then... just wait"... and I realized that this could have went on forever so I just went ahead and bought it. And I'm glad I did, but it was like climbing a wall that many choose not to climb, since there's so many other great sims out there.

A "soft" season pass method like I described would basically have done away with all the grinding of teeth I had to do to finally buy it, so I believe it would be good for everyone involved, specially those who stand for financial profit with the game.

Anyway this conversation leads nowhere so let me end this off-topic resuming my thoughts: Sector 3 is awesome, but their talents are being held back by a bunch of dudes who dress in black hooded masks, while performing unspeakable rituals and chant their evil chants on some long forgotten cave so that they can summon the devil himself to come and speak unto them the business model that they go and force Sector 3 to work with :D

Let me add a few of these :p:p:p just to be sure people don't take the joke (too) seriously :D

Now back to the Porsche. Can't wait! Give me those updated physics! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RacingSym

RacingSym Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    oh after thausend of pages i read Porsche Again. Well AC isnt that cheap either. iRacing isnt cheap. Well, car by car in its own work. not like PC, GT or Forza. Hundreds of Cars with shared physics makes quite a diffrence. rf2 the real stuff costs Money to. So u cut go Play a Video Game like PC1/2, GT or Forza. They are not that expansive like a Simulator. Its absolutly your choice.
    The Marketing System is not that bad. I think. A single Car with one Skin costs what? about 2-6€ i think its a very fair Price. Get all stuff for one time 100@ Dolla what ever. I think there is reason why this isnt going to happend.
    For me i will buy the Porsche Pack. So i can freely choose betwin, Cup, Cup Bc..d...e however, GT3 or maybee some old legend the GT2? Ist allways your own choice.

• Like Like x 2
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    A street-car though, very remarkable.

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. Jacinto Patricio

Jacinto Patricio New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    WHEN????

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Soon™

• Like Like x 1
  15. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Hold on, I'll go re-paste the funny "skeleton soon" meme I posted over in the Mercedes GT3 thread...

...or was it the C7 GT3-R thread?
    ...or was it the Audi R8 thread?
    ...or was it months ago in this thread?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I guess in about two weeks we all new a bit more on the things we are waiting for...

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Nov 14th was mentioned somewhere as probable patch day

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. JBMAK

JBMAK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0