News Porsche is coming to RaceRoom!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jul 22, 2017.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Soooooo many '80's & '90's DTM's to play with and imho some of the best online racing to be had is with the DTM '92's and TC's, just imagine adding the Cosworth's, Alpha's etc etc etc.
    Online magic just waiting to be exploited and with the way Motorsport is heading (up the hairdryer route) it's open season on Retro racing series to gain a bit of limelight, in entertainment value it's very near priceless, marry that with retro pricing and youm onto a winner!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to see DTM be about touring cars again. Lately it's been hard to look at them and call them touring cars...

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Have them be like the USA's Trans Am, but better. Big HP, little aero, lots of fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Guess Europe and especially German market is all about hybrid and electric cars now

5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Formula E and, to a lesser extent, hybrid era Forumla One are about as interesting as watching paint dry. Commercial forces are pushing for electric-powered motorsport but I don't believe fans are on-board with it yet. There's still a big market for race cars with traditional, loud engines.

I guess hybrid will be the predominant type of engine in road cars for the foreseeable future and I can deal with this tech in motorsport as long as the noise can be maintained.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    we have ears for a reason. so give us brutal sounding cars.. ^^

Formula E... the cars... the races.. the "tracks"... it's all not very thrilling.. not even exciting...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Julien Frinaire

Julien Frinaire Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for OT, but regarding DTM totally agree, we need back something dirty and loud! :)

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  8. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    It's really simple, based on the old DTM we could have:
    Audi RS5 DTM
    Mercedes AMG C63 DTM
    BMW M4 DTM
    Alfa Giulia DTM
    .... Just a hot, track legal chassis... no space craft stuff. :D
    I bet the old time privateers would come back as fast as possible...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    and don't over-engineer and over-regulate that stuff!! no silly P2P or DRS of whatever. We can still dream.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. TheReaper GT

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Yep, let each manufacturer do whatever they want and BoP their asses... Works for GT, will work for touring cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Edgars Belakovs

Edgars Belakovs New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds great

12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yep. Pretty much the Superstars model. Fast road cars stripped down and race-prepared, BOPed and off you go. I bet there would be a more diverse grid.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Could be an ad for GT racing;) Also, just to get back to topic a bit: no Porsche no good :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bandini

Bandini Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    No? Sorry I'm late to the car sound party, but I thought I should share this. A truly exciting racing engine. Wet track here - easy on the throttle: ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. TodlichesKraut

TodlichesKraut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    YES PROPER RACING!!!

16. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Regarding modern DTM I tend to disagree while going into the 4th League-Season with them. They are indeed very special to drive and to handle but once you'll get the flow riding them on the edge it's simply impressing what performance they can bring to the surface.(While due to their sensitive and edgy nature you also need a sober grid with experienced DTME-drivers cause chaos is mostly granted if not). In this context DTM cars are sadly much more cars for enthusiastic drivers than cars for an audience to enjoy - except for being a total fan..Well I follow the modern "DTM" for some years (actually kinda German V8 hightech series, fraudulent labeling is intended to get the audience (back) ) and I like the concept - but as lover of classic supertourers/roadcar based stuff and such (new M235i is great, isn't he ?) the point for me is that there is still that huge gap, that "overproduced" series like WTCC or DTM will never be able to fill....
    But as J-F implies the general political, economical and ecological agenda goes in the direction of
    new, alternative, "innovative" technologies and concepts.

PS: I Just think of Group 5 cars and I bet in their time there were also many people who refused that concept as too much experimental, too far from the roots, too futuristic, overpowered...whatever ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    You may be right. But the difference between modern DTM and Group 5 is that they sound different, look different and have completely different driving characteristics.

Can you say that about modern DTM?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. its_surridge_90

its_surridge_90 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Question regarding the cup car,

Will it be simulating one official series or will it just be a bunch a random cars from all the different series?

19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess thats self-explaining : G5 are 70/80s -beasts, that require a lotta old school work behind the wheel and pedals, which you, of course, can't compare to contemporary vehicles....but I know a bunch of fast RRE-drivers who don't like them that much and prefer the characteristics of modern Racecars (I love G5 btw.)...it's a matter of taste and choice, but you can live in both worlds: that of 21th century motorsports and that of nostalgic melancholy of lost "Good old days"...(whatever that is, apart from personal preferences)...:)....:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TheReaper GT

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Almost all 235i are in multiclass series
    I think he means that each g5 car is unique, while modern dtm cars are basically the same...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1