Porsche Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by switchface, Dec 15, 2016.

1. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JBMAK

JBMAK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Right. I'm also really jealous...:oops:

3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    EA's exclusivity isnt over yet. No one really knows exactly when the deal expires, but estimates put it ending at the end of this year. So, a few more weeks...

Kunos deal with Porsche is entirely separate from EA. Porsche & Kunos have their own deal that has nothing to do with exclusivity or EA's exclusivity.

That said, we will probably see Porsche in more racing games within the next year or two. However, this doesnt mean Porsche is giving away the license for free lol. It could cost an arm and a leg, except now it wont be exclusive to EA. Best not to count your eggs before they hatch ;)

There are reasons certain brands dont appear in games too much (well, sims), and that is usually because the license fee for them is outrageous.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Been enjoying some of the Porsches in AC lately even though I don't even like the brand very much. For me the RUF's we have are fine where they are but if S3 really could net Porsche I would love to see them tackle Group C (and yes, I know this would require more licences then just Porsche), or why not some Can-Am? Both series would lend themselves so very lovely to the sound R3E offers. :p That and Can-Am would give a great excuse for some more classic american tracks and you know every simracing channel outlet would explode with joy. Business tip of the day guys, Turbopanzers, Chaparrals, Lolas and McLarens I promise at least one sale since I'd buy it!

And yeah, been reading about the exclusivity deal and like Nate points out it does seem to be the case that even if it does run out this year, Kunos and Porsche got their own thing going.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. augustkekule

augustkekule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Although I personally absolutely donĀ“t care about actual Porsche cars, the introduction of Group C and with it the 956 or 962 would be a really great addition for fans of historic cars.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to see some of the various single car Porsche Cup Series (Carrera, GT4, etc) show up in R3E if possible, and it sure would be nice for ADAC16/17 to have yet another real life car from the series.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Dave - it would be nice to have the real Porsches for GT Masters and GT3 (Blancpain) and a Porsche Cup. Group C would of course be the ultimate dream :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    For sure Nate, the license isn't free. I'd argue that from a racing pedigree standpoint though, it may be one of the most coveted, so I would gladly pay for these cars to be added (although I daily drive a GT4 so I am definitely bias).

Rodent nailed it - R3E would have a crushing home run if they did a Group C and/or Can-Am pack.

If the license is too expensive, call them all FabCars or by each car's historic livery for all I care. We all know what they are.

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    you have a fabcar already.......

Andi

10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    One reason for the exception Porsche gave license to Kunos could be, Porsche was looking for a studio, producing their models for their simulators in Porsche Experience Centers. They're running on AC Pro now.
    So the core of the agreement between Porsche and Kunos might be this, similar to KW and S3 with Raceroom Experience in the RaceRoom Cafes.
    Porsche in AC a kind of by-product backdoor selling in the end?
    Not very likely, but who know's.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Well, from the recent itw of Porsche people it seems pretty obvious that EA deal is over for good...

In non-political friendly terms I really understand it as something like : "We get screw by this EA deal for too long... Not gonna appends again"

If EA deals wasn't at the end why doing this now and not earlier? If they could went over this deal they should have done it before and not waiting end of 2016 saying " we're not really happy by the way it was until now"

12. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I am also waiting for the "Cayman GT4 Trophy" on the Nordschleife :) would be nice to do a real VLN Weekend :)