Porsche?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cosmic, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Anyone know if the EA Porsche deal is officially over now?
    Just saw the announcement that AC has licensed Porsche over at Racedepartment. I know there has been some speculation that it would end sometime this year.

2. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Almost none of the details about the EA Porsche deal are publicly known so when it runs/ran out is nearly impossible to tell. The easiest way to know whether it ended or not will be to see the end price of the AC DLC when it comes out. If it is around the same price as their other DLC, then it's safe to assume that Porsche licensing has opened up. However, if it is significantly higher than their other DLC, then they just paid the premium because they wanted Porsche.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    One times faster than the other games is a dream for R3E.
    Porsche cup next patch! Come on Sector 3 ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Frikadelli Porsche .. !!

• Like Like x 5
  5. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    We already have RUF...
    I'd prefer to see Huracan, the 488 GTB, the new AMG GT3, in the GT3 category.......

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  6. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0

• Informative Informative x 6
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  7. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Porsche is the most profitable company on a per car basis, so I hope their arrangement with EA is finally over, as they really don't need the money. I would gladly pay for a full Porsche pack for R3E full of racing classics, as it could open up a slew of new racing classes:
    • 917/30 could usher in a full CanAm class
    • 956/962 could bring on the Group C heavy hitters (Mazda 787, Merc C11)
    • GT1 could go toe to toe with the Nissan R390
    • RS Spyder can be added to the current prototype field
    Please Sector 3...do it!!
    (and if you can't, just fake the names and do it anyway ;) )

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Didn't S3 say something about the new AMG GT3 being in-development for R3E at one point, or did I completely imagine that?

9. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I mean it would make sense and will no doubt happen eventually *insert my general commentary about the generic display here*, and Merc doesn't seem stingy about licensing it, but I think you're skipping ahead/mixing the M6 GT3 and the AMG DTM maybe?

10. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    To expensive

11. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    No, I'm was definitely thinking of the AMG GT3 (which is a very different-looking car from those two), I thought it was mentioned by someone from Sector 3 in a post (not as an announcement, but during a reply in one of the news threads). It's entirely possibly I imagined the whole thing, though, and it's a false memory placed by my wishful thinking...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    You could be right, I'm confident there's an ambition to add it if nothing else... Much like non-generic displ... ok ok I'll stop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Probably, somehow, Kunos found the money to satisfy EA's demands and that's why they can include Porsche in the game. 99.9% the cost will be reflected on the price of the DLC pack. All in all, they wouldn't pull the trigger on the deal if their accountant didn't give them the green light.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Hm, thinking about how much money i gave to S3 compared with how much i gave to Kunos, i can not get it, why Kunos has the money to license the Lambo, Ferrari and Porsche...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Simples:

a) Assetto Corsa has a much larger user base than Raceroom i.e. many more paying users, so even if the average AC owner has probably spent less on the sim than the average R3E owner has on R3E, the overall revenue Kunos are getting is probably much more

b) Kunos have collaborated with 505 games to publish the console version, and 505 games has plenty of cash to support Kunos

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Rules of making money:

Buy something, implement it, sell it - earn money.

Dont forgett, what were driving in S3:
    Old race cars. Actual in the GT3 series there driving more cars in real, which we canĀ“t drive than cars we can drive. The Lambo, the AMG, the M6, the Porsche, Ferrari tbc.

Thats not a good position to sell a product. Looking to LeMans now, and not be able to drive it, is a shame. What you think, how much LeMAns tracks and cars S3 could have selled with the TV-bradcast right now?

You have to spend money to make money. Thats a fact.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    As long that you think that Licensing is all about money, there is no chance that you will get it some time ;) Or do you think that in politics is everything for the folks?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  18. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    That Porsche gets business simulators from Kunos to be used on shows and in Porsche'S holy shop temples, is part of Kunos' "special agreement" with them. The license announced yesterday must not necessarily mean that the EA license deal is all void and over right now or this year.

They also have Marco Massarutto, their licensing director. And that guy seems to have both extreme cleverness and wonderful connections into the world of motorsports business. Also, with the success came opening doors.

If Porsches will drive significantly different than RUFs, then I will want them in Raceroom, too. If they are as difficult to drive as the RUFs (in AC), the RUFs already present will suffice. In the end I still think of RUFs as Porsches with just a different emblem. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  19. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

You'll never have any "Ruf 919" or "Ruf 917" or "Ruf 959" and so and so...
    The Ruf thing can only be used for so little models compared to the Porsche history of racing car that it's not relevant at all.
    It's a substitute, the best you can have in regards of getting something close to the real thing, but still a very small substitute than can't come even close to what a real porsche license can provide.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    No after Ac has porsche Ferrari and Lamborghini. Adter this Sector 3 must have it too

• Like Like x 2