Possible 'Select Livery' MP Idea

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean Kenney, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if there is any way to indicate in the select livery menu, for mulitplayer, which livery's have already been selected. Not that they are blocked out but just so you have the option to not 'look' the same as others already out there. Maybe just a number next to the livery to indicate how many people have selected it?

The idea sort of came to me after one race a bunch of people coincidentally picked the same livery...even though we had lots of options...was just assuming

just an idea....

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Very much agree with this. I'm one of those people with the irrational dislike of seeing the same livery on two or three cars!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Good idea. :)
    Maybe even allow every livery only once like they do in AC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Was thinking that as well.... the problem is if there are enough liveries and car types. I can see it being fine on dedicated servers.

5. Jo Ré Ta Po

Jo Ré Ta Po Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Or maybe an option to change your own livery once the track is loaded ? I don't know if any of these ideas are possible but that would be nice.

6. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Try the Hillclimb Icons/Raceroom Raceway server, where every car`s the same (except maybe a few Carlssons), and with the same livery. Even more amusing for watching replays is that the damage graphic is identical, so you can have several cars driving around with the same livery and the same damage showing.
    I thought that making the liveries free for MP only might be a good idea if it were possible. Combined with the idea of greying out those already selected would make for a better experience and maybe encourage people to buy them for offline use.

7. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Difficult with the pay for livery model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    True. I didn't think about that.