Pricing model

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yakuba, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Yakuba

Yakuba New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As I read posts on racepartment about the summer sale, I noticed that some old premium member such as I are a bit disgruntled by the fact that a new member would get much stock than us for less than what we paid for. The commercial model is a bit weird.

I am not trying to blame anyone but just trying to create some awareness about some customers feeling.

"
    Being a Premium member since 2019, at the moment, it would make more sense for me to start a new premium account. I was even willing to purchase the new content through the packs for 69 USD (what you already have is deducted) but to add insult to the injury, adding the packs is not enough. You need to handpick the cars that you don't already have and that are not in packs one by one with their respective liveries (ex.: old Porsche 911). This is too much of a headache. The formula proposed by pinkimo makes sense, The creators should just enable us to update the content in one click with possibly a discount for long time owners.

I wanted to support the devs, but something is not right, so I will stick to what I already have.

See you at the next sale, hopefully, by then, they would have figured something innovative."

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's a weird situation...

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    ah shit here we go again.gif

And btw. there is no thing like a premium account or a premium membership, only a pack which happens to have this name.

And no, I don't have anything to contribute to this topic as it has been discussed to death already...

4. Yakuba

Yakuba New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry that I did not use the right denomination, I meant premium pack as you accurately corrected.
    Too sad that it has been discussed profusely, and that things have stayed the way they are. I will go and read the old threads for fun’s sake.
    It reminds me of Fanatec that has been bashed about not caring about their old customers. I was pleasantly surprised when they offered an exclusive order access for their new CSL DD to existing customers.
    AMS 2 is also doing a great job for their beta subscriber.
    But since you said that it has been discussed extensively, I while stop whining and move on.

Thanks for your input

5. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Actually everybody - including the devs - are aware that the pricing model has some flaws. The fact that at some point a new account is a lot cheaper than keeping up with new content is one of them. But since this topic has been brought up numeroius times - here and also on Discord - and nothing has changed, I consider this a dead horse.

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    On the other hand, accepting something in silence does not seem like a good plan for change and it doesn´t seem to be a problem to have 32 different threads on the new FFB either!

The "buy everything I don´t have or update premium pack" option would be a win-win for everyone - easier and quicker for buyers and more sales for the seller and I doubt it would be too hard to develop. Amazon worked out years ago that a 1-click buy box option was a good way to satisfy impulse or impatient buyers and the more screens and hoops people have to jump through, the more likely they are to desist.

Finally, S3 cannot be faulted when it comes to listening to customers as they have implemented many changes and wishes in the game. If it were another publisher we can all think of then it would be flogging a dead horse but I think here there is hope for the pending changes.

Buy everything option
    Update Steam content
    Update Pro pack

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Please keep in mind, s3s is the developer of r3e which is owned by someone else.
    So discussions about pricing should be directed to RaceRoom Entertainment AG.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    That's the problem. This is the Sector3 forum and Sector3 is not responsible for pricing(AFAIK).
    Also AFAIK, the info about dissatisfaction about pricing model has been passed to responsible people.

If you really want to change something make a petition. Think of a solution that protects the interests of both RaceRoom and players and start collecting signatures. Then send it to RaceRoom Entertainment AG

As much as I think you're right that it's not great it would be cheaper for you to create a new account, I think I also understand wha t was the intent of premium pack. It was designed for new players to easily catch up. You weren't supposed to take a 2-3 year break form buying content. And yes buying regularly would've been more expensive it total, but less expensive as a one time payment. Plus, you'd get more playtime for you money.

I've taken the strategy of buying only the content I intend to use. I don't like wasting money on thing that collect dust. That way I only spend 10€ on vRP pack every few months and don't have a reason to complain about premium packs.

9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    The OP was not about pricing per se. As I understood it, it was more about the lack of user friendliness involved in buying missing content and the need to cherry pick every single livery, car, track etc.

This is surely a developer issue, which of course has to be escalated to the publisher as with any other one that requires manhours.

Obviously, a "buy everything I dont have" option should come with some sort of bulk discount but I believe that is already implemented for Steam wallet but not for VRP users.

• Like Like x 1
  10. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I've actually sugested somewhere on discord that premium pack should disapear as is and volume discount should be applied. That discount could be capped at reaching 10K vRP or any level that makes sense. That way returning players would be able, in a way, to buy the premium pack again.

I won't comment the UI. It's not intuitive, but we know it's being rebuilt. New UI so far has been user friendly and community ideas have been incorporated. So I'm sure it'll be better when it's out.

11. Yakuba

Yakuba New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree that it is not everybody that want to own it all. For instance, in iRacing it would be highly expensive.
    The strategy presented by @yoori is in line with the "Welcome!The (Unofficial) Beginner's Guide in the World of Raceroom" on sector3studios.com forum by alesi27 where you hand pick what you need.
    At the moment, it seems to be the only viable solution.
    This quote by "Fairman" sumarizes it all: "All wise things I didn't do when I was too greedy for RRE".