(Problem) Fanatec Pedals V3 Rumble wont stop in R3E

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HomieFFM, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This definitely sounds off. It makes my bug hunting finger itch. ^^
    Could you please provide logs? Maybe they contain some useful information.

Please do the following:
    Start the game, enter a session and wait for the unwanted effect to happen. Once it happened, close the game, navigate to Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log and find the latest game- and MWTransport log files and attach them here please.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    rumble on the brake pedal in corners =front wheel slip
    rumble on throttlepedal , rear wheel slip
    rumble when braking on brake pedal = abs

try turning slip effects down to zero (not sure thos will do anything though)

if this is a strange feeling , try turning off , uninstalling the new fanatec tool to see if this is conflicting in some way

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  3. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Alright, thank you, gonna send this tonight after work. I just have to drive 2 meters for this effect to happen :D

Gonna try this afterwards, I uninstalled the fanatec tool, but no change at all. I think this has to be some settings issue in raceroom.

Thank you for the help :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    its strange , that this is happening to you as other people seem not to have this issue ingame , i asked someone and they say its the same as ever , the only difference is they have never installed the fanatec tool so maybe the tool leaves some trace settings afterwards in the registry etc , a bit like diview

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    one more question , what is your vertical load set to in the ffb options

Andi

6. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    IMG_20191116_112049.jpg IMG_20191116_112043.jpg

Sended from work, gladly had memory pictures on my phone xD

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  7. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    ok , can you try something , set the vertical load back to 100 and tell me if there is a change

Andi

8. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Alright, files are there. :)

Setting vertical load to 100 didn't changed anything, same weird rumble actions. I think the rumble motors are possessed by a demon xD

I had already uninstalled the Fanalab tool, and made a new install of R3E, no change.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sadly there's nothing out of the ordinary in the logs. :/

Are you sure they haven't always done that but you only started noticing it now due to that clacking noise? Do you actually feel the rumble or is it just the clacking that made you aware of this?

So far you're the only user reporting this so it doesn't seem to happen for anyone else with these pedals, which always indicates some issue that isn't in the game. Maybe this is a Fanatec driver/firmware issue after all, have you contacted their support?

• Like Like x 1
  10. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    They definitely didn't do it like that in the past, they are not strong but quite noticeable. The brake is directly rumbling if I push it just a little bit and I would have noticed that. The clacking noise is just on top of that.
    It can not be mechanical, because if I do a test with the property page they are acting normal. So it has to be something with the driver/software from fanatec. I already wrote them.

Thank you for taking a look at it, I will inform you if I get a new information, otherwise I'm just gonna unplug them, because they are not really necessary for driving and driving with no rumble is actually better xD

So once again thank you and everybody who was trying to help :)

11. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    can you post the original rcs file here please , the one with your shifter etc , need to check something

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  12. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Is it maybe possible that my Xbox one controller/driver could cause this problem? The Steering wheel is a Fanatec Xbox Universal Hub, I noticed when I play Tekken in the Chrakter Menu everything would rotate to the left, the wheelbase was not powerd on, but I unplugged the wheelbase and it stopped immediately.

The rumble effect still continues even with the controller not connected, but maybe the driver of the controller can cause this problem anyways? (Some sort of mixing Xbox one controller and Xbox Uni Hub settings into each other?)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  13. Gustavo Figueiredo

Gustavo Figueiredo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi

I just read all the posts here, and I realize I've finally found someone with the same problem. HomieFFM, you are not alone :D

Fanatec Pedals V3 with base 2.5 and universal Hub here. Exactly the same issue.

Are there any news on this? Or you just simply unplugged them? I'd like not to because I appreciate that abs 'warning' feeling on other sims.

Thanks!

14. HomieFFM

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    No news on that, I have unplugged them ;(

15. Gustavo Figueiredo

Gustavo Figueiredo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Damn...
    Thanks for the quick reply! :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I have it too. Installed my V3's and immediately the rumble started and persisted. I try to ignore it, but it's too unnatural to ignore. I really don't want to unplug mine either. I've since stopped running R3E, as I don't want to plug and unplug the motors. Hopefully someone finds a cure, as this game is probably my favorite sim.

17. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Just tired it again. Still there.

18. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    so when the car is static the pedals rumble ?

Andi

19. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    No Sir. For me, the brake pedal rumbles when pushed, even slightly while the vehicle is in motion. The Accelerator motor works as it should. Just updated Firmware yesterday.

20. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    thats correct for me as i posted much earlier in the thread

Andi