Bug Problem for AI at Macau Melco Hairpin

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Clover, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Clover

Clover Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    As the video shows, they get stuck. Seems to happen randomly when they have to slow down to much.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, there's probably no solution to the AI getting cleanly through Melco every time. In real life the drivers realize the risk is just too great getting stuck there trying to overtake, which is why the line up like good boys. So, getting through Melco cleanly has to be predetermined well before getting to the actual corner itself...............or something like that. :eek: <---- I like that face o_O

3. Clover

Clover Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    In real life it is forbidden to overtake in Melco Hairpin. But regarding the AI, most often they actually gets trough just fine but if something happens and they have to slow down more then they normally do they seem to turn to soon, it should be fixable :)

4. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, but this is not true.

I´m talking about the poor AI we have.

5. Clover

Clover Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    What is not true? could you elaborate.

6. Emerson Meyer

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Clover. I have edited my post.

7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Overtaking is forbidden in the area before and through Melco hairpin. It's like a constant yellow flag but you don't have to drive extra slow. So this is the reason why race drivers in real life behave there.

Couldn't find a word about it in the english Wikipedia article, but it's mentioned in the german article. ;)

Edit: damn, got beaten... :D

8. Clover

Clover Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Ah no problems :) .. yeah, well it is a really tricky corner. And i think just by moving the AI's route so they turn in a bit later should do the trick.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Emerson Meyer

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I hope so.

10. PowderGuy

PowderGuy New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well... In real... this area is Full time Yellow Flag (The Very narrow Entrance til to Hairpin exit.)

I'm so sure the AI used a not ideal Race Line.
    Too inner, should be wider there and not eat too much the Apex.

(I'm the guy Live in Hong Kong and watch Macau GP almost 30 years. Really understand why this happened. )

• Like Like x 1
  11. Madruben

Madruben New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You don`t have to simulate the bad things of real life always as this is a nice track but this spoils the pleasure of driving on it. want to buy this circuit but not after S3 improves the Ai behaviour or make the turn wider

12. tcb77

tcb77 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I would get this track too, however, as only run offline, i will only buy if the problem is resolved somehow.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Madruben

Madruben New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I couldn`t avoid the sale and bought U$S 20 in cars, liveries and the only 3 tracks I didn`t own, including Macau.
    Pls continue your hard work, we are still supporting the title, it`s awesome. Expecting some fps drops issues to be solved in Macau as Ai behaviour.
    Wanted to buy packs but they kept the same discount so they were not on sale and never been. when you put content on sale would be nice if you apply some additional discount on packs, it`s easier to buy the whole lot.