Problem: since R3E update, G27 only runs +/- 90°

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skybird, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Since the update of the game on April 9th, my G27 does no longer get correctly recognised by the game, it seems, or do i overlook something? No matter how I set up the Logitech profiler options (900° rotation), ingame the hardware wheel has a solid lock at 90° left or right where it reaches maximum axis input already. This makes the control of the car almost digital: sidemovement on or off. Impossible to play with that. Before, until yesterday, I had set up the wheel to use around 360° in that game. Also, the FFB effects now are extremely weak: I can tip the wheel with a fingertip, and it moves in idle all by itself.

Options say the keyboard is device 0 and wheel is device 1, so the wheel somehow gets noticed by the game.. But it seems to be not correctly recognised or adressed? The options in Logitech software are FFB at 100%, anything else 0, rotation 900°, box ticked that says that game is allowed to overwrite settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, havent heard of a wheel getting locked at 180 degrees rotation (90 both ways).

This sounds more like a problem with your in game settings more than anything. Have you checked in the garage before you go out on track... in the car setup menu, your steering options? Each car has a different DoR you can set. If I recall correctly, this is the lock that your physical wheel will experience. So if you set 900 in the logi profiler, and want 540 in game, go to the car setup screen and put 540 there.

After that, to make the in game wheel match your physical one, if you prefer to keep it... Go back to any main screen before starting a race/practice. Go to the game options. From there, I think you need to look for "vehicle settings." The 4th or 5th option allows you to match the virtual wheel with your own. So if you set 540 in the car setup, put 540 here to.

I couldnt quite tell if you have done this already, but your logi profiler sounds fine. Maybe your in game settings just got reset?

Hmm, lastly, what about just unplugging your wheel, and letting it recalibrate. That might even fix it, if it's not the in game settings.

3. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I already tried al that. Game options wheel setup is switched to 900°. Pitbox car setuips wheel setup is at 900° and then 30 or 40. Logitech Profiler game setup is of course 900 as well.

Game is unplayable, as good as. I could as well use two arrow keys.

Wheel callibration b yunplugging it and plugging it back in, does not help.

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried Wheel-Calibration in the systems-Menu of Windows?

5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem with my Logitech driving force ex 180 but it's not something the dev's can fix.

6. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My G27 worked normally all last night. try closing the profiler and starting the game and see what happens

7. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Of course.

BTW, when you open the hardware via Windows system, you end up on the Logitech-provided screen/software anyway (or it uses a Windows design that has written Logitech on top of it...). If chose any of the tabs or the advanced options there, that should become apparent.

8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    And what did you do?

I start to think that I just spent 120 Euros on a game that gave me fun for two weeks - and then leaves me stranded in unplayability...?

9. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    @shardshunt: doesn't th Logitech driving force ex 180 only have 180°?!

yeah - that's the device-driver... have you tried to delete your Controller-Profile in the Game?

10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Yes.

Also Windows FixIt, to let it check missing or corrupted drivers. Nothing.

11. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried to disable the Setting "Allow Games to overwrite Settings" in the Profiler?

Maybe you should post Screenshots of the Settings...

12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I've had this happen in Assetta Corsa. I think i had to apply the persistent profile of the game I was playing in the Profiler to fix it - so my issue was in AC, so I applied persistent profile as Assetta Corsa in the profiler options

13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I have tried - as a cure now - to switch between game-specific and general profile. No difference (and why should it, both show the same options and settings set by me). Also: I have not touched the profiles in the past days and weeks. It all worked - then came the R3E update yesterday - and steering was broken.

AC, ETS2, OMSI1, Nascar2003, Wreckfest - they all work. Just R3E messes the steering up now, immediately after an update was installed to the game. Well.

The only thing that so far I have not tried (I also did Steam integrity checks) is to deinstall the game, and reinstall it. I just created a Steam game backup minutes ago, so that I must not download the whole stuff again for 14 hours like two weeks ago when I bought it. I try that now. But since I made that backup AFTER the problem appeared, I do not really expect anything from this. If there is a problem in the code, the backup necessarily will include it, then.

14. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Same thing happened to me - the steering just broke - there was no logical reason the persistent profile (see screenshot- - not game specific or general profile) would fix it, but it did. I found the solution somewhere on the net. Mine was ONLY with Assetta Corsa, everything else worked fine - so it does sound similar.
    [​IMG]

Yours may be something completely different, but I at least wanted to make sure you are changing the right setting in the off chance it is the same issue....

15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I have deinstalled, then manually cleaned all remains of R3E, then deinstalled Logitech software and also cleaned the remaining folder, then ran registry cleaner, CCleaner, then defragmentised, then had a cold reboot of the system (power off). Installed the game from the backup via Steam option, installed Logitech Profiler, put in the wheel when demanded - and the wheel immediately locks to 180° when the first menu screen within the game appears.

Thanks for the clarification on the persistent profile, I indeed mistook it (using the German interface here, and fell victim to a wrong translation of mine). However, doing what you illustrated above, ElNino, makes no difference over here. In the sim, the wheel is locked to 180°, NO MATTER WHAT. I set the virtual wheel to 900, the pitbox option top 900 and 30, I used Logitech profiler with persistent, general or game-specific profile - it is stuck at 180°. Since the update. In all other games, it works, full rotation.

Would like to get those ~120 bucks back. Just 12 days for that lots of money , one and a half day of that just work and anger, is a little bit thin. Lousy deal. Will not trade with this company again.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Looks like the same thing happens to me, g27 also. No 900° with old cars supposed to have this rotation in the game.

17. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I had the same problem with G25, try to launch the game with logi profiler off (check also try bar) and then take away arms in the options

18. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm yeah, this might be an option too. The wheel does seem to stop at 90 degrees either way when the virtual wheel is enable with virtual hands.

I dont think this impacts the physical wheel to locking at the same points though, but it does look odd :p

19. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Man sorry to hear that Skybird. My G27 worked well last night, I will note back anything i notice tonight that may be helpful...good luck.

20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The arms-off option affects only the rotation of the virtual wheel and is a known issue. That's why it was not even switched on anymore since short time after I bought the game end of March.

I am not talking about the virtual wheel. I am talking about the physical wheel, the one I steer and control the game with. Onvce the first menu screen in the game, after launching it, pops up,. the wheel is locked to 180°, you feel the barrier provided by the motors when rotating 90° to any side - NO MATTER THE OPTIONS in Logitech software, in-game virtual wheel rotation angle chosen, or in-game hardware wheel rotation angle chosen (all of them set to 900 anyway, and never being touched again since I installed the game two weeks ago). Logitech profiler is the latest available version, 5.10 for W7x64.

Something must be wrong with that update, the coincidence is just too striking. And wheel options inside or outside the game had not been touched since installation two weeks ago - I run a PC policy of "if it works, don't fix it". The wheel I own since one and half year, since autumn 2013.