Problem: since R3E update, G27 only runs +/- 90°

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skybird, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Praetorians.Diogo

Praetorians.Diogo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem, tried the same troubleshooting steps but no luck yet.

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    As long as you are not locked to 90° to any side before meeting the motor lock, yours is another issue at least by symptom, and question is whether it is an issue, or is as designed.

3. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Since when? Already before, or since just after the update?

4. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I repeat for the last time, I had the same problem, I solved launching the game with logi profiler off (check also tray bar), you are going on to talk about logi profiler and version, try to turn it off

5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    continued to play with my 180 deg wheel there is a reason it cost $30

it's actually quite do able my only problem is i lose alot of time trying to catch a slide (or slide around a corner)

6. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    oh dear, i think i had this problem as well. unfortunately i have NO memory of how i resolved it. gonna just reboot to make sure i did...will post if im mistaken. i may have even gone as far as to DL & redownload, ugh frustrating i cant remember, but you say that didnt work anyway...

7. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    just played a minute ago - my wheel is locked at 180 degrees while in the menus - once I am on track it changes to whatever the steering lock settings are in game. FYI

8. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    well, its fine for me, thoo as i was driving i recalled that i had this issue in fact w/ the LFS update...ofc i just needed to recalibrate my wheel. but i am quite sure ive had similar issues w/ R3E, it just wasnt the LAST update, maybe the one before...

does R3E have an option for axis calibration? one that includes the wheel? if so i think that should solve it right away...

9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    That'S how it was for me before the update struck. Now that lock from the menus does not go away anymore.

10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Does not work. Also does not work to plug off and in the wheel during play. Its always 180°.

11. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Digital on-off direction control like at Amiga times and digital joysticks ism not what I expect from a simulation and is not what I spend this awful lots of money for. I'm sitting on a dead game here. An extremely expensive dead game.

12. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I had a similar issue...deleted all profiles and plugged it back in..things were weird...did more stuff, worked.

13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I did not just delete the player folder in MyGames with the personal data, but I uninstalled the whole game from steam, and reinstalled it. As described earlier.

14. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    then its still going to use that profile, so...try that?

15. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I have a wheel its just a cheap wheel i don't think i could play with a joystick or keyboard.

16. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
  17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    As I just said, I did not just delete the private data folder (where the profiles are kept), but installed the whole game new. And as I reported, it did not make a difference.

18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
  19. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    machweb,

your solution worked as a workaround! Thank you for your input, therefore.

However, it is no final solution, but an improvised workaround. Once pressing 1+2+x ingame, the wheel unlocks to 900°, yes - but next time the game gets started, it is locked again, and the work-around must be implied again. So that indicates that the problem causing this mess still is present in the situation. And as I said, the wheel works flawlessly 900° all by itself in all other sims.

So, the only thing that has changed on my system, has been R3E - it got an update. Logitech was not updated, nor has seen Windows seen an update in the short time I own R3E, I have not updated any drivers, and not the USB drivers either. All that gets changed everyday, are the AV definition libraries for my internet security suite. The ball is in Sector3's half of the field, I think.

20. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    No probs Skybird....I'm sure there will be a fix for this.