Problem: since R3E update, G27 only runs +/- 90°

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skybird, Apr 10, 2015.

1. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    ah ok, i assumed he meant the profiles were kept in the user documents folder as some games will do. hope this is resolved & we at least see a dev post to know they are aware of the issue!

2. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    If I'm not mistaken, the profiles stay in My Documents when you uninstall the game. Not 100% sure though.

3. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    yes the files stay in Documents.

If the manual rotation settings work then something is wrong with the profiler. Close it or reinstall - Ive had it mess up profiles before in rF2 and they are hard to track down - deleted the game profile and star a new one or just leave it to the global settings.

4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    -> #33.

5. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    @Skybird, did you ever get our wheel problem corrected?

6. Robes

Robes New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

Was there a solution to this problem? I just got a G27 and I'm having the same issue, the wheel locks at 90 degrees both ways. You can test it in the advanced settings and there doesn't seem to be a way to reconfigure it out?

7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    My logictech dfgt locks at 90 if I have the "allow games to adjust settings" box checked in the logictech profiler. Untick it and the wheel uses whatever rotation you set it too. A long shot, but might be worth trying of the g27 has a similar option

8. GearGrinder

GearGrinder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    not sure if this will help but, I was having problems with my G27 because I had it plugged into a multi port along with an X drive and wireless mouse receiver. when I plugged it into it's own USB port, it fixed it.

9. Robes

Robes New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, that fixed it for me.

10. Tribolik

Tribolik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem on my G27... It worked great before the update... But now it only rotates about 200°... Tried everything...

11. GearGrinder

GearGrinder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    what is the degrees of rotation in your global device settings? the default is 200. I have mine on 705. works great.

12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    No, I need to work around as described.

13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I ocassionally had this: that the game all by itself launches Logitech Profiler, which makes things worse. When you have started the game, tab to desktop and check that Logitech Profiler ha snot been switched on by the game. If it did, switch if off again. Note: the game sometimes does that all by itself, so you can have LP on even if you made sure that it is switched off when you launched R3E. - Then go back in game, and do the hardware button trick. This usually works around as well.

Hardware recognition seems to work unreliably with this game.

14. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I actually use the Logitech profiler with a specific game profile, the only time I tend to have a problem is if I start the game and then plug my wheel in (G27), a quick alt-tab out the game and restarting the profiler, fixes the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tribolik

Tribolik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have it at 900º because the game used to adapt the degrees of rotation to the type of car I chose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    It seems for some it is a necessity to have the Logitech Profiler on, while for others it seems to be necessary to make sure that it is not being switched on (manually or by the game). Strange. Reliable hardware recognition and Logitech software seem to be a pairing not working reliably well in R3E. I went back to this several times in the past two weeks, and checked my setrtings time and again. I cannot see a pattern.

However, Goggle tells me that Logitech Profiler (which i personally hate anyway, since it is a terribly non-ergonomic interface design) and the G25/27 wheels seem to be vulnerable to hardware recognition issues in racing sims. Neither am I/are we the only ones effected, nor is it only in R3E an issue.

What would confirm what I think about Logitech since almost 20 years: more or less well done hardware, but almost always terribly done software solutions: it starts with lousy interface ergonomics in so many cases, and ends with questionable reliability. They should really outsource software development, and focus on what they know how to do: hardware.

If somebody wants to know how to do a good interface for programmable hardware gadgets: CH Manager is my benchmark reference. Easy and intuitive, not so microscopically small, but allowing a superb diversity of option and complex combinations of higher functions, if wanted. Compared to that, the Logitech Profiler simply is garbage.

17. Tribolik

Tribolik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The question remains... why did it work well before the update and why doesnt it work well now... and for alot of G27 users, not just me and you...
    I dont have that many PC sims... but the other two I have work flawlessly with the profiler.

18. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I am having this issue after a profiler update - starting the game WITHOUT the profiler on at all (closed out in system tray) fixed the issue....working on what to do from here, but the advanced settings show full rotation finally.

edit: after closing profiler, like i said problem fixed - interesting FFb without profiler - some might even like it - anyway, closed game ,restarted profiler, still at 900 degrees and FFB back to normal. so starting hte game once without profiler running seemed to fix it for me...for the next guy with this issue....

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  19. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if you refer to that the visual steering wheel in game only respond to 180 degree, that's how it was for me and car responded to that and it was impossible to drive so I turned of the in game steering wheel and now all work normal?!

I mean the virtual steering wheel don't sync with your G27.

20. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Hey Mich no this is purely real wheel. When you turned it, it would lock at 90degrees either way (could force to 450) and the meter on the advanced settings would max out when wheel was only at 90. Driving, car would do donut at slightest turn of wheel almost. Unuseable like that.

Again, fixed for me by starting the game without the profiler running.

• Like Like x 1