Problem Problem to launch raceroom

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Radd25, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Radd25

Radd25 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    when i launch my game on steam it appears an error message wich tells me to send this file too sector 3 studio. I tried too open with windows 7 or 8 (i m with 10) but it still doesn't work. I remembered when i tried the game few years ago the game was actually working with no problem i don't understand why when reinstall the game 2-3 yeas later i can't play it again anymore :(.

Attached Files:

2. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Windows 10 is your problem.
    More specifically, the error we're seeing in your crash report is caused by Windows 10 having applied incorrect compatibility settings either to Steam or to RaceRoom Racing Experience.

There are a couple of potential solutions to this (depending on exactly what Windows 10 has done) but let's start with the easiest one:

• Go to the game's installation folder. By default it should be the following: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game
    • Find the RRRE.exe file
    • Right-Click on it
    • In the menu that appears, click on "Troubleshoot compatibility"
    • A new window with a progress bar appears. When it is finished, click "Try recommended settings"
    • Click the "Test program" button
    • If the game works, click the "Next" button
    • On the final page, click "Save these settings for the program" and close the window once the changes are saved.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Radd25

Radd25 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is what i did before and a crash report message appears and tells me too send the same file with rrecrashsomenumbers.dmp.(and obviously it still doesn't work X) )

4. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    I got the same kind of problem...
    Should I play only AC or Automobilista ???

5. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Alright, then we'll need to try something a bit more tricky:

This involves going into the registry and removing some entries. Please do not do anything that is not listed in these instructions as making changes to the registry can be dangerous to your computer.

1. Hit start->run->regedit
    2. Go to key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
    3. Look for a entry with your path to steam.exe
    4. Delete that entry
    5. If you dont find it there try HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers