Problem with Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Viggdred, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    1490716899083-1051046736.jpg Hi all,
    I have a problem with my pedals.
    And, of course, I have a championship race tonight...
    I'm cursed !!!
    There's always a small amount or break, what can I do to get rid of it ???

2. DerHek

DerHek Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Ad some Lower dead zone to your brake peddle , it's on the same page as in the picture you posted above.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Maybe plug out, wait some seconds and plug in usb connector? Apply a dead zone in advanced controller settings? Is there a possibility of manual calibration in elite drivers as in v3 clubsport?
    upload_2017-3-28_21-14-19.png
    upload_2017-3-28_21-13-21.png
    Propably too late for your race.:(

Attached Files:

4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I had this happen to 2 sets of CSL Elites, second set the back blew out of the load-cell. Tech support is top notch, if a little insistent on video footage of a non moving graph! o_O
    After returning the second set (All at Fanatec's expense) I bit the bullet and paid the difference and went for a set of V3's, best decision by far, I am more than happy with the upgrade, rather excellent piece of kit, super build quality.
    After using 2 sets of CSL Elites (having exactly the same issue, a trailing brake after a while) I came to the conclusion that the CSL's are for the less demanding Sim racer, thrown in front of the TV and placed on carpet rather than fixed to a rig.
    It was presumed I suffered from clubfoot but after explaining I'm waiting for a new hip the path to the V3's lay open before me and at a very reasonable 130 euro, bargain, so got them to throw in the brake performance pack, again, well worth the extra pennies as the standard brake felt rather soft, even for an old (one) hippy like me!
    Will have to mention again the quality of the V3's, pucker build quality and they look bloody gorgeous, now to remove them from the coffee table and insert into rig! :D
    Sorry for the bad news chap!

*Edit
    Ought to mention that both sets failed totally, dead, deceased, no more...................................

5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Very probably potentiometer related.
    Try cleaning it (there are video's on youtube IIRC).
    If that does not help, you need to change it, but as a workaround you could set a deadzone in game, or you could use DiView software to calibrate (which feels better to me), so you can still race.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  6. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with CSL Elite Pedals.
    The problem only occured when gaming on RaceRoom. When I play on Assetto Corsa, I don't have the problem.
    But when the problem occurs on RRE, I shutdown the game and I need to unplug the wheel base (my pedals are connected to the wheel base) to recalibrate it.
    I find it strange that the problem only occurs on RRE (at the moment...) and not (yet) on AC.

EDIT: It happened multiple times on RRE.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Maybe the CSL is "new" to R3E...
    The same with AMS...where you have to create a new profile...