problem with MMos and Raceroom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by axelpaq, Sep 9, 2020.

1. axelpaq

axelpaq New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello everyone
    I need your precious help please
    since last sunday I noticed a very strange problem with Raceroom and MMos

my Direct Drive is : Frex Simwheel Direct Drive - I have it for 4 years now and it works perfectly
    my MMos version is "MMos Force Feedback 2014"
    in MMos my wheel turn range is 270° (this is what I like)

I followed this thread to fix MMos has my FFB for Steam/R3E : https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/sector3-please-give-us-some-osw-support.12994/

so last sunday I decided to train on Hungaroring circuit in order to prepare for my championship - it was the very 1st time I was on this track - and after 2 laps I noticed that my wheel was shifted to the right direction (few degrees but it is noticeable and very disturbing)
    I came back in R3E options and yes : the wheel is shifted to the right
    I came back in MMos (which was closed) to check and yes again : the offset which was -5800 (for example) became -5870 after a new centering - so the MMos centering has been modified :flushed::flushed:

1st, I thought that my encoder of my MiGe had a problem - so I tried with iRacing : no problem - after 3 laps of Spa Francorchamps (because there is a big straigth line so good to check the centering of the wheel while runing) no modification of the wheel centering
    I came back in MMos : no modification

so I think it doesn't come from the encoder

I get back to R3E and decided to run on Spa again to compare with iRacing - 3 laps of Spa and.... no shift :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:
    I came back to MMos : no modification of the offset so the wheel is still centered

I came back to Hungaroging (in R3E) and after 2 laps : wheel shifted to the right (confirmed in MMos)

so my conclusion is :
    * it is not a problem of the Direct Drive hardware (encoder)
    * I don't think it is a problem of MMos
    * among all the tracks I have ran in R3E (but not all) it is the 1st time (Hungaroring) that it happens

so it could mean that there is something with Hungaroring specifically ? how could it happen ? how the MMos could be modified also ? have you ever seen this kind of thing ?

thank you very much for your help - it is very strange and disturbing

2. axelpaq

axelpaq New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Afyer 2hrs of testing this evening I confirm everything above

As additional information :
    - in R3E and Radical SR9 : it seems no problem (or much less because tested on 4/5 laps only)
    - in R3E and TT : idem

So it seems that the problem occurs with the combo DTM2016/Hungaroring

Could it be possible please that someone tests the same combo (and MMos) in order to see if he has the same problem ?

For DTM 2016 :
    - my wheel range : 450°
    - blocking points : 13
    - FFB multiplier : 1.8

Thank you very much
    I absolutely don't know where does it come from and what to do.....

3. axelpaq

axelpaq New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    here some updates
    after an end of week and a week end full of tests where I checked the electronic box of my Direct Drive, all the wiring, a lot of combo cars/tracks I finally found the root cause : the QR adaptor was rotating (when high FFB) in the servo shaft
    it was noticeable of the tracks like Hungaroring because lot of curves on the right and high speed curves on the right so high FFB coming from the right
    when selecting tracks with less high speed curves so it could no be noticeable
    it was the last place where I could fin an issue - but finally there was
    this root cause was the most difficult to find I ever had
    I'm changing the adaptor to install a more rigid one
    hope it will fix it