Problems with new AMD driver 20.5.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pullblox, May 28, 2020.

1. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    After latest update AMD driver 20.5.1 in R3E observed graphics glitch. Picture in game "very blur" 2020.05.28-12.58_01.png 2020.05.28-12.57.png .

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Did you check the global and game-specific settings in your Radeon software, to rule out that any setting got changed with that update?

3. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yes I check. This problem only in R3E.

4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Try to fiddle with motion blur settings - to me it looks like motion blur gets overly exaggerated with the new driver. Maybe disabling it completely will be a workaround until this can get fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    After disabling motion blur in game settings view in cockpit is Ok. View from bumper very blur.. o_O

6. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Manipulate in game graphic settings I disable DoF and Motion Blur. After this R3E looks fine !!!

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear you found a solution. But did it work normally with those settings enabled prior to 20.5.1 or did those settings maybe change since you last tried?

8. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Everything worked fine before updating the driver AMD.

9. Jochem Bruggeman

Jochem Bruggeman New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm. AMD Radeon driver 20.5.1. Same graphics cards: RX 5700 XT.

Indeed when you shut off Blurring in Video settings, this problem goes away, but Rear View is still blurred and weirdly zoomed in...

2020.06.07-10.25.png 2020.06.07-10.25_01.png 2020.06.07-15.40.png

Tried full re-install of drivers (via DDU) and full re-install of Raceroom (deleted Simbin folder too).
    Also messed around with all the Radeon graphics settings like Anti-Lag, Chill, Enhanced Sync, etc. No success. How can we report this to AMD?

System: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 on Asus Prime-B350 Plus, Crucial 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asrock Radeon RX 5700 XT Challenger D 8G OC.

ps. How to add that info to my signature?

Thnx,
    Jochem

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  10. Jochem Bruggeman

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Btw. I went back to 20.4.2 (WHQL version) driver and now RRRE is working nicely again. 124 FPS avg with FreeSync enabled on monitor in Radeon software; no other AMD enhancements like Anti-lag, Chill or Enhanced Sync enabled. Runs very smooth at highest details in Raceroom video settings. Supersampling, Morphological AA and Surface Format Optimization are Enbaled under Advanced though.

11. Olmost

Olmost New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same issue with RX 5700 (no XT) and AMD 20.8.3 ...

12. Jochem Bruggeman

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Can confirm. Needed the driver for MS Flight Sim 2020, sadly rear view is now all f-ed up again. Have reported issue to AMD via Adrenalin software.

13. sensorback

sensorback New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did you ever find a solution for that? I updated yesterday to 20.9.1 of the AMD drivers and it's still buggy. If I disable motion blur in RRRE, then it's OK at least in cockpit view, but that also needs a bit of luck, the behaviour is not really consistent. I also tried several switches in the Radeon suite, without success. As 20.4.* can't be selected in the Radeon suite anymore, since 20.8 is the recommended and 20.9 the optional version since September 16, I think more and more players will have this problem, as soon as they upgrade manually or as soon as some sort of automatic update cycle kicks in.

14. Jochem Bruggeman

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sadly no. I have been using using Optional drivers (not WHQL) ever since Flight Sim 2020 came out. Problem still exists in Raceroom. I am using cockpit view with motion blur disabled, which makes it bearable, but Replays and Rear View are still corrupted. I have filled out a Bug Report in Radeon Suite and recommend everybody who has this problem to do the same.

15. Jochem Bruggeman

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I am dropping this here, so I can Copy-Paste in bug report each time a new AMD Radeon driver is released and the problem is still there:

Raceroom Racing Experience: Motion in game is completely screwed. When driving the car the screen becomes corrupted with lines going into horizon center. Looking back is corrupted too. Other cars are drawn sharp, but everything around them is corrupted. This has been an issue since 20.5.1 previous WHQL driver (20.4.2) was okay. Workaround is not using motion blur in game, but than Look Back and Replays are still corrupted with very blurred images.

16. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Im sorry if this is something you've already tried out but.. in the Radeon control panel in the global settings. Have you got GPU scaling enabled? Or have you set it to 'full panel'?

17. Jochem Bruggeman

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I tried a bunch of options ever since this problem occurred, but gave your suggestion another try. Sadly, no change with or without GPU scaling; full panel, center or aspect ratio.
    It’s the driver and the old graphics engine of Raceroom that don’t play nicely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. sensorback

sensorback New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So 20.10.1 still has this bug? Did anyone try that one yet?

19. Jochem Bruggeman

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Nope. Still the same shit... Just filed another bug report via Radeon Software. Wish AMD would do something with those filings (not my first!)

20. sensorback

sensorback New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I also dropped a bug report with your description from post #15. Maybe they get their things done sometime soon if more people report it.