Project Cars 3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Badgerous, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  2. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 2
  3. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Did Chris Haye remove his PC3 videos from public access? I wonder what happened and why.

But here's one from GamerMuscle:

5. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  6. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  7. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  8. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    It's such a massive list..

I'm keeping an open mind with the game and kinda hoping it's fun in it's own way, but unless they're pooling cars into various homologised handling groups, I can't see how each one can get the individual balancing/attention it needs to properly feel like it's own thing.

9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    961 was in PCARS2, it's a one-off special which was the Le Mans spec version of the 959.

Sad day for me, I've just unsubscribed from all SMS' social media as I have to concede this game isn't for me and I'll be better served focusing on AMS2. Real pity they couldn't combine the two games as I'd love the historic sportscars from PCARS2 with AMS' historic tracks and physics.

10. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  12. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Project Cars 3 vs Project Cars 2 Graphics/Sound Comparison | Oulton Park | BMW 320TC E90

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I just asked for a refund for now. Some part of me really like it, the other part does not know for sure. Payed €89.95, a lot of money for a game I don’t know whether I will have fun with it for a longer period of time. So I keep an eye on the game and when I see the flaws will be ironed out, I’ll reconsider if I buy it again.
    For now I wish all the buyers a lot of fun with it. I don’t know if I feel happy or sad...:(

14. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Based on the 3 or 4 opinions from my usual sim Youtubers, it's a no from me for now. It just sounds like a bit of a confused mess that's aimed at a very different crowd, and just hanging off the PCARs name.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    For me as a player, that actually likes pCars2, even adores it to an extend, it's quite heartbreaking to see, in which direction SMS is heading right now. (I'm fine with a "simcade" racer, don't get me wrong, but the product does things in a worse way, spiritual predecessors did it) Don't let me start about something like Fast&Furious Crossroads in the context... :-/

And NO, it isn't Codemasters fault. The idea for pCars3 was established earlier, than the contract made with them and SMS...

This looks like something, that was planned as a spin-off or even Android/IOS game and feels like a cashgrab, the more information i get about it.
    Just imagine, what would've been possible, if they actually improved on their formula of pCars2.

Reading something like taking away tyre wear, pit stops and fuel cosumption sold as an innovation is a really hilarious thing in addition.

NFS Shift basically did many things better, than pCars3 and this under deadlines of one of the publishers seen as the biggest corporate evil, that has ever existed in the gaming industry.

AMS2 has to appeal to the userbase of the old concept now, i guess...making good steps in the right direction, but isn't quite "there" yet, but at least we can count on fulfillment of promises with Reiza as a developer...so seems it's not, how some called it "pCars 2.5", indeed. It's the spiritual pCars3.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Great post @CrimsonEminence - agree completely with that and I was happy with most of PCARS2 too.

AMS2 really does feel like the 'correct' sequel, it's just a shame it will never have access to some of the great 70s sportscars and historic content from PC2 (and that they've actively made changes to prevent new models being modded in).

17. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  18. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Ha - I enjoyed that one last night.. I've grown to like his content on AMS2 & rFactor, but he's such a sarcastic mofo there.

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Apparently, he shows his true style, behind the tabloid style, i guess.^^

It's really hard to stay level-headed, though, regarding this marketing debacle, pCars3 actually is :D

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  20. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0